One of the nation’s largest and most respected hospital management companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (NYSE: UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Growing steadily since its inception into an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue exceeding $10.7 billion. In 2019, UHS was again recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; in 2018, ranked #268 on the Fortune 500; and in 2017, listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America’s Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago, enabling us to provide compassionate care to our patients and their loved ones: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 87,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates 350 inpatient acute care hospitals and behavioral health facilities and 30 outpatient and other facilities located in 37 states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom. For additional information on the Company, visit our web site: URL blocked - click to apply.
The Corporate Information Services Department is seeking a dynamic and talented Information Security Analyst I.
The Information Security Analyst I participates in the identification, implementation, maintenance, and support of technologies designed to protect the confidentiality, integrity or availability of UHS and affiliates’ information systems. Works with technical and non-technical staff to insure that deployed technologies are effectively and efficiently providing the intended controls consistent with established policies and procedures. Where appropriate, trains and supports technical staff in UHS affiliated locations to deploy, manage and support selected technologies. May oversee the technical aspects of tasks assigned to less experienced staff or contractors on projects, systems or applications assigned.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Maintains selected information security technologies within guidelines of policies and in keeping with good project management principles. Monitors the resolution of maintenance or enhancement issues assigned by the UHS Customer Support Center.
- Periodically reviews deployed security technologies to insure that the solutions continue to provide the intended protections efficiently and effectively.
- Identifies gaps in protection, and recommends solutions to remediate or mitigate the risks associated with the protection gaps.
- Assists more experienced members of the Information Security Team implement and support new information security technologies or processes.
- Works with staff at all levels in the organization, vendors and contractors to insure protections are effective, efficient and non-disruptive to the appropriate duties, rights and mission of the individuals and the organization(s) affected.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems Security and Risk Management, Computer Science, or related field required.
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience with desktop, server and/or network security administration in a mixed computing environment.
- Experience managing and supporting some or all of the following or similar information security technologies or processes:
- Anti-malware protections and analysis
- Web filtering and security
- Vulnerability scanning and management
- Encryption technologies for data at rest and data in transit
- Mobile device and removable media protection or management systems
- Authentication – including various forms of SSO and MFA
- Cloud application security
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) systems
- Interpreting Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE ) data
- Device control
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
- Forensic analysis
- Familiarity with risk assessment and risk management concepts or processes.
- Working knowledge of various regulatory security requirements – particularly Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), HIPAA, and HITECH.
- Working knowledge of common cyber security frameworks such as HITRUST, NIST, CSC20, or others.
- Working knowledge of scripting languages such as Python, PowerShell, and VB is a plus.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and be detail oriented.
- An information security certification is a plus -- to demonstrate proficiency and knowledge of information security best practices and concepts.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and project management skills
Travel Requirements: Up to 5% - 10% US - to field locations may be necessary to complete assigned project
This opportunity provides the following:
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Growth and development opportunities within UHS and its subsidiaries
- Competitive Compensation
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan
- 401k plan with company match
- Generous Paid Time Off
*UHS is a registered trademark of UHS of Delaware, Inc., the management company for Universal Health Services, Inc. and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. Universal Health Services, Inc. is a holding company and operates through its subsidiaries including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. All healthcare and management operations are conducted by subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc. To the extent any reference to "UHS or UHS facilities" on this website including any statements, articles or other publications contained herein relates to our healthcare or management operations it is referring to Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Further, the terms "we," "us," "our" or "the company" in such context similarly refer to the operations of Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Any employment referenced in this website is not with Universal Health Services, Inc. but solely with one of its subsidiaries including but not limited to UHS of Delaware, Inc.
UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.