To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Jacksonville, FL
- Josh Biacan
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Help Desk Technician
ECS Federal, LLC • Jacksonville, FL
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
ECS is seeking a Help Desk Technician to work in our Jacksonville, FL office.
ECS Federal, LLC is seeking a Help Desk Technician with experience supporting Tier 1-3 Windows environments for the Navy Bureau of Medicine and Surgery (BUMED) Information Technology and Communication Services (ITACS) office, at UMED Det. Jacksonville (BMDJ), Jacksonville, FL.
- The Help Desk Technician must be a highly knowledgeable professional capable of coordinating multiple open issues; possess the ability to communicate effectively with various support teams.
- Proven experience providing end user support for any technical issues involving the hardware, software, network, or telecommunications systems incurred by the program's internal and/or outside customers, via telephone.
- Expertise with professionally coordinating and assisting customer support (tier-1, tier-2 and teir-3) personnel with technical incidents and tasks.
- Manage trouble tickets using the client designated corporate ticketing system
- Conduct hands on application and device training to customers and support staff
- Provide input to design requirements associated with continued installation, integration, and testing of the smart phone information systems
- Assist maintaining a reference library to include, but not limited to, creating end user tips and tricks, creating and responding to end user FAQs, providing input to BUMED ITACS Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) on the BUMED intranet SharePoint or similar sites.
- Support the client in developing and maintaining all technical and procedural documentation pertaining to client designated enterprise mobile device configurations, technical support, processes, and procedures.
- Experience working within a Federal, State, or Local U.S. Government environment, briefing government management on project or task status, and assisting government employees with technical issues or tasks.
- Must have an Active Secret clearance
- Must have a CompTIA Security+ Certification or IAT II
- Microsoft Operating System Certificate
- Associates Degree in Computer Science, Business Information System or related IT filed or equivalent work experience required.
- The individual must have experience imaging and deploying Microsoft Windows 10.
- Candidate must possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and be able to effectively communicate and provide reports on daily efforts.
- The individual must also be able to work well under pressure, multi-task, and prioritize items as needed.
- Understanding or experience working with an IT Service Management (ITSM) system or similar type of ticket- or incident-based tracking solution BMC Remedy.
- In possession or working towards Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) certification.
- Familiarity with ITIL processes (i.e. Change Management, Release Management, Configuration Management, Problem and Incident Management).
- Windows System Center Configuration Manager certification
- Novice understanding of common IT service management frameworks such as ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library).
- Familiarity working within a Microsoft Active Directory-based enterprise environment including working with securely baselined Microsoft Windows workstations.
- Beginning or novice understanding of networking, including routing and switching, firewalls and rule sets, Virtual Local Area Networks (VLANs), TCP/IP, DHCP, and DNS, and other common networking concepts.
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.