Travel Required: None Requisition Type: Regular
***Only applicants with a Top Secret (TS) Clearance need apply***
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT), a leading provider of systems engineering, integration, IT service operations and support solutions, is seeking talented professionals to deliver valuable services and solutions to our customers.
GDIT has a great team consisting of experienced and knowledgeable managers who lead and support our employee’s career development objectives with on-the-job and certification training opportunities. Our employees consider GDIT to be a solid partner in their career, with excellent benefits and an abundance of opportunities for advancement. We offer experience with the latest tools and intensive training.
If you are looking for a new and exciting career to boost your technical skills and you enjoy helping others, GDIT is hiring an Application Support Specialist for the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Enterprise Operations Center in Chantilly, VA. We offer the chance to support the world’s finest law enforcement organization, and help the people that keep us safe. In this job you will support the agents, analysts, and professionals and technology they use to fight terrorism, espionage, cyber-attacks, and major criminal threats.
We are seeking candidates committed to high quality to provide courteous and accurate technical information and support in a timely, efficient and professional manner. This position performs activities associated with implementation, integration and support of computer systems in mission critical response operations environment.
- Installs FBI investigative and analysis applications and handles requests for end-user access
- Provides advice and training to end-users assisting with denial of access, application navigation, and technical errors. Utilizes IP Monitor to monitor the functionality and efficiency of several FBI investigative and analysis applications across multiple platforms
- Report issues to application vendors and work with the vendor to correct problems
- Receive customer IT queries by multiple methods (phone, self-service, etc.)
- Provide expert technical support to customers having varying levels of computing skills
- Writing comprehensive diagnostic details in tickets after troubleshooting
- Writing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Basic knowledge of information security policies and procedures Maintaining afterhours on-call roster
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience and/or technical certifications
- Entry level with some prior experience providing technical support in a business environment.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with customers and peers; tactful and effective customer communications.
- Strong team player
- Ability and willingness to evaluate and learn new technologies and apply them effectively.
- Have entry level knowledge of the following:
- Failover and disaster recovery of applications and services
- Troubleshooting network and server connectivity problems
- Windows Server 2012
- Analytical tools
Special Position Requirements
- United States citizenship
- Must have active Top Secret
- Ability to speak and communicate fluently in English language
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Server (Computer Science)