UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
We all know that there's a lot more to come in the changes sweeping through the health care industry. But if change is going to shape our world, it's comforting to know that we're shaping the change. At UnitedHealth Group, we seek Actuaries who drive change, take appropriate risks and influence individuals at all levels of the organization. As the Associate Director of Actuarial Services, you'll set team direction, prepare and review required regulatory and statutory filings, solve complex business problems, present findings and influence the decisions of key stakeholders. Key stakeholders include senior management, actuarial consultants, our client and state regulators. Join us.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead the Medicare Supplement rate filing team
- Prepare required regulatory and statutory filings
- Work with and respond to questions from state regulators
- Appropriately reflect pricing methodologies and assumptions within statutory filings
- Monitor environmental factors (competitor and regulatory), anticipate and communicate impact on business to external areas, recommend solutions and influence appropriate courses of action to senior leaders
- Create, modify, run and test models used develop regulatory and statutory filings
- Appropriately balance actuarial theory with practical business realities (e.g., time / resource constraints, data availability, market conditions)
- Leadership / Planning:
- Provide leadership to and is accountable for the performance of actuarial staff
- Leverage sphere of influence to remove obstacles and resolve problems in order to deliver timely and impactful projects
- Leverage extensive experience and judgment to plan and execute departmental goals that enable our organization to meet or exceed its business objectives
- Influence the decisions of senior leaders and client
- Collaborate with other leaders across the business to develop solutions to business challenges
- Bring in the right talent, develop talent, set goals and evaluate performance
- Lead by casting a United Values driven leadership shadow to positively influence employee engagement and performance
- Interpret, adhere to and apply relevant state and federal laws / regs (e.g., STAT, rating)
- Interpret, adhere to and apply actuarial standards of practice (ASOPs)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree
- ASA (Associate of the Society of Actuaries) or FSA (Fellow of the Society of Actuaries) designation
- 6+ years of Actuarial experience in the insurance industry (pricing, claims forecasting, healthcare economics, reserving, risk management, or similar)
- Experience communicating complex information to actuarial and non-actuarial audiences
- Advanced or higher level of proficiency with Excel and Access
Based on the Federal mandate full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Experience working in the health care industry
- Experience working with Medicare plans (Medicare Supplement)
- Supervisory / team leadership experience
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Actuarial, Actuarial, Actuary, ASA, FSA, SOA, Rate Filing, Actuarial Models, ASOPs, Excel, Access, Credential, MAAA, Staff Management, Direct Reports, Healthcare, Healthcare Actuary, Medicare, Medicare Supplement, Horsham, PA, Pennsylvania, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote