EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: General Maintenance Worker
EMCOR Government Services has an immediate need for a General Maintenance Worker in Ft. Belvoir, Va.
The General Maintenance Worker trouble shoots, repairs, installs, and performs preventative maintenance on systems within the hospital and other buildings related to the contract by performing the following duties. This is not a journeyman position; however it requires minimal mechanical, plumbing, and electrical aptitudes to support the tradesmen.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs plumbing, corrective and preventive maintenance, using tools and equipment as required. Clean and unclogs sinks, toilets, and floor drains. Repairs sink faucets and toilet flushometers.
- Performs carpentry, corrective and preventive maintenance, in the following areas, using tools and equipment as required: repairing shelves and cabinets, replacing ceiling tiles, patching and painting drywall, repairing floor tiles, replace vinyl base molding, and minor repairs on doors.
- Assist journeymen with electrical maintenance on receptacles, light switches, portable tools, appliances, etc.
- Assist journeyman performing heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) maintenance on air conditioning units, fans, air handlers, water heaters, converters, duct work and system controls.
- Request assistance from plumbers, painters, HVAC technicians, carpenters, plant operators, and electricians when necessary.
- Maintain all fire and smoke barriers by assuring all openings are sealed with the appropriate ‘fire stop’ material.
- Maintain all rated fire and smoke doors in accordance with NFPA standards for gaps, latching, rate of closure, hold opens, door release, labeling, signs, and windows.
- Assist the journeymen with the pairs and perform Preventative Maintenance (PM) on pool systems.
- Assists the journeymen with the repairs and perform Preventative Maintenance (PM) on interior and exterior water fountains and waterfalls.
- Assists journeymen with the repairs and perform Preventative Maintenance (PM) on the exterior irrigation system.
- Make rounds of mechanical rooms and documents readings and finding. Notifies their immediate supervisor or the on duty Building Engineer of all issues.
- Performs inspections related to Total Joint Commission (TJC).
- Escorts contractors and vendors within the hospital.
- Be able to read and understand architectural and mechanical drawings.
- Be able to read and understand manufacture’s submittals and literature.
- Be able to specify and order material and replacement parts.
- Ensures compliance with department safety and quality standards to optimize effective utilization of resources and productivity.
- Be able to understand and implement infectious control policies and procedures.
- Follow and implement standard Lock Out Tag Out procedures.
- Complete Work Orders and Preventive Maintenance (PM) paperwork in a timely and professional manner.
- Attends weekly Tool Box safety meetings.
- Obtain an OSHA 10 General Industry Safety and Health Certification.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to pass and maintain a Department of Defense Secret background investigation.
- Unless a higher degree is specified in this job posting, all positions require a minimum high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Must complete a OSHA 10 General Safety and Health Training class (supplied by EMCOR).
- Must have a current drivers license
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must receive medical shots as required by the Fort Belvoir Community Hospital. The annual flu shot and annual TB testing are mandatory, but additional shots maybe required as related to the employee’s position.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee maybe exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; cold and heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to the risk of radiation. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled