To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Linden, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Blue Apron • Linden, NJ
Posted 3 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
THIS IS BLUE APRON
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, and for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of food enthusiasts are inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity and passion always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, and put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers’ lives, cooking and creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
We are looking for a Supervisor who will directly oversee a team of full-time Associates. You’ll be responsible for the execution of your team’s daily plan and ensuring that all Associates are complying to company processes and procedures.
WHAT’S ON THE MENU
- Coaches their team using LAP. This process requires that the manager coach the employee 3X per shift on performance, safety, quality, housekeeping.
- Assure employees have the resources needed to perform their work.
- Track team performance during the shift using SIC boards
- Uses team scorecard to coach all Associates, performs progressive discipline when needed
- Runs team huddles to review Safety, Quality and Output metrics
- Runs shift transition for their team by handing out rosters, passing on performance from prior shift, re-runs blueprint to assure we are up to date.
- Assures the team has met all training goals and that associates are progressing through learning card levels for their specific positions
- Validate team roster and attendance. Escalates over or under resourcing. Validate associates leave and return from break on time.
- Completes shift report at the end of each shift
- Corrects team time punch errors
- QAA Audit Compliance
- Handles changeovers
- Conducts behavioral observations of the team for safety, quality and productivity
- Conducts root cause analysis of process failures
- 1-2 years of entry-level managerial leadership experience in a food production or warehouse environment.
- College degree preferred
- Clear and concise communicator, verbal and written.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Flexible availability; we work night and weekend shifts.
- Must be able to lift up to 49 pounds repetitively with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must be able to handle exposure to temperatures that range from freezing to sub-freezing (coolers, freezers, etc.) with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must be willing and able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach with or without reasonable accommodation
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.