Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Food Service Manager
Serve as the Food Services Manager for a Base Operations Support contract in the Central Virginia area. The manager shall direct, coordinate, and manage the work effort associated with the full range of food services provided at the US government location. The Food Services Manager shall demonstrate and apply highly developed interpersonal, analytical and communication (written and verbal) skills the ability to manage complex programs in a diverse and dynamic environment with short-notice tasking’s under high pressure situations.
- Ensure that all services are delivered and all tasks are performed in accordance with the SOW.
- Support other key management personnel in their responsibilities and ensure they manage in line with relevant statutory, security, environmental, health, and compliance requirements.
- Maintain a professional staff and ensure that they follow established Government training protocols, policies, directives, and procedures at all times.
- Communicate effectively with the US Government employees and departments to accomplish tasks and requirements and promote a customer friendly environment in support of operations at all levels.
- Meet the requirements SOW, delivering high quality services that align with the needs of the customer and in accordance with applicable statues and industry best management practices.
- Be responsible for management of the food services staff and infrastructure
- Manage the preparation and delivery of quality food services, establish menus, and generally oversee all activities for daily cafeteria services and unique offerings in support of special events and VIP guests
- Provide occupational skills to lead a dispersed food service organization
- Demonstrate leadership of a team by ensuring cohesiveness with the unit and the client
- Oversee expenditures to control unit financials
- Manage schedule to incur little to no OT based on coverage of scheduled conferences and/or VIP events
- Direct daily food service operations in order to provide variety and quality products
- Maintain and implement sanitary and food safety conditions and training to adhere to auditing procedures and statutory regulations.
- Develop a business plan that establishes rapport, promotes partnership and fulfills the clients' needs and expectations
- Responsible for the execution of service quality by maintaining the highest level of delivery
- Promote and support workplace diversity initiatives
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Five (5) years management experience with three (3) years of functional experience
- High School Diploma
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience managing a professional kitchen and dining environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of food sanitation, safety codes, industry trends and practical business applications.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must possess a current TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Management or related field, desired
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Ability to work in a fast-pace environment that requires handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Expert computer skills, specifically Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience using MAXIMO
An Equal Opportunity Employer. PAE’s hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
URL blocked - click to apply