Since 2006, Carolina House has been providing high-quality care to men and women battling eating disorders and co-occurring mental health conditions. We provide programming at three locations, with our residential treatment centers set in an idyllic, rural farmhouse in Durham, North Carolina, and a community-based day treatment and intensive outpatient center in Raleigh, North Carolina. Many people who struggle with eating disorders also struggle with other mental health disorders, and our programs are designed to treat co-occurring depressive disorders, anxiety disorders, bipolar disorder, substance use disorders, and posttraumatic stress disorder, among others.
We are looking to hire experienced cooks who are passionate about helping others to positively reconnect with food. Ideal candidates will be willing to cross train and work in both our Raleigh and Durham locations. Our unique culinary program offers services from 7am through 7pm, seven days a week.
- Maintaining the highest standards of food safety and sanitation directly in the kitchen, and by communicating with the patients and staff.
- ServSafe certification required
- Stocking, cleaning, and organizing all kitchen and pantry spaces.
- Working alongside patients in the kitchen.
- Preparing foods that adhere to specific recipes.
- Maintaining complete confidentiality in all patient and program matters is essential.
Full and part-time positions with some flexibility in schedule; however, availability to work some holidays and weekend shifts is mandatory.
Kitchen experience is mandatory, culinary degree with experience preferred. Some experience in the mental health field is preferred, as the job involves direct and constant involvement with patients.
If this position sounds like a good fit for you, please email your resume, your salary requirements, and a brief paragraph with your personal thoughts on food and nutrition.
**Any inquiries without this information will be disregarded.
Maintain Clean Work Environment