Eurofins Central Laboratory is committed to providing the highest quality services, as well as accurate, timely results capturing the planned completion date, and expert advice from our highly qualified team of experienced scientists
ECL is searching for a Team Lead - Specialty Hematology in Lancaster, PA.
This role will support the overall functions of the laboratory to include patient testing, instrument maintenance, quality control and other duties as assigned.
Team Lead - Specialty Hematology responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following :
• Conduct laboratory testing according to established protocols of assigned department.
• Ensure the prompt, efficient and accurate performance of laboratory testing.
• Perform quality control of equipment and procedures within established guidelines and performing routine equipment preventative maintenance and repairs.
• Process specimens and/or isolates according to established protocols
• Provide support of all laboratory functions including inventory of reagents, stocking of reagents, general housecleaning, and safety.
• Comply with requirements of Good Clinical Practice (GCP), the College of American Pathologists (CAP) and Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA).
• Perform and document monthly QC review on all assays and report to the laboratory management.
• Add new controls, reagents, calibrators etc. in quality control software as needed; adjust the means and standard deviations per trends and shifts after approval from laboratory management.
• Take responsibility for the inventory of quality controls for all assays, monitor the expiration dates of reagents in stock on monthly basis and communicate to management.
• Review the maintenance logs for all equipment and assays
• Take responsibility for the preventive maintenance schedule of laboratory equipment and maintain all documentation related to these services to include water testing.
• Take responsibility for instrument and method validations, maintaining all documentation of said testing.
• Maintain training and competency files for the laboratory staff and self. Training files should be organized in a standard fashion and up to date at all times.
• Take responsibility for proficiency testing programs within the laboratory; ensure the timely participation and reporting of testing and timely investigations of all unacceptable results.
• Maintain and file proficiency testing evaluations upon review by laboratory management.
• Archive laboratory documents as needed.
• Develop procedural documents as requested by management.
• Take responsibility as the Charge Tech upon Team Leader absence.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate would possess :
• Experience in MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
• ELISA experience preferred
• Proficient in good laboratory techniques
• Ability to multi-task with instrumentation
• Competency with computer based technology
• Ability and flexibility to learn new techniques
• Ability to accomplish assigned duties in a timely manner with little supervision
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to work flexible hours
• Able to lift and/or safely handle up to 40 pounds.
• Ability to perform high complexity testing.
• Be capable of identifying and resolving problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results, notifying superiors of resolution or escalating as appropriate.
Basic Minimum Qualifications :
• Bachelor of Science in Biology, Chemistry, Microbiology or Medical Technology. Military training is also acceptable. Certification by ASCP, NCA, or AMT preferred but not required.
• 6+ year working in a diagnostic, clinical laboratory working with modern automation
• Proficient usage of a commercial grade or customized clinical LIMS
• Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
The position is full time, 9am-5:30pm with rotating Saturdays, and overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Lancaster, Pennsylvania are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.