To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Carson, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Air Freight Import/Export Manager
Hellmann Worldwide Logistics • Carson, CA
Posted 2 months ago
The Air Freight Import/Export Manager will manage the air product team for his/her assigned territory and be responsible for that territories product compliance, levels of working
capital, quality outcomes to internal and external stakeholders, volume and revenue growth, yield, and operating efficiency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible to ensure all air product operations within assigned territory are compliant to internal HWL policies and external government regulations
• Responsible to ensure air product working capital targets are met within assigned territory specially targets set for DPO (with product vendors) and DSO (especially on
• Responsible for timely and accurate costing, revenue estimates, rating, invoicing, and correction (where necessary) to invoices, process, or people to minimize WIP,
DSO, and Bad Debt
• Responsible to ensure air product operations within assigned territory meet internal HWL and external customer quality goals per Customer Standard Operating Procedure (CSOP)
• Responsible to ensure product air operations meet minimum customer service levels at minimal cost to HWL through effective procurement and routing
• Responsible to meet volume and top line air product revenue growth targets for assigned territory
• Responsible to ensure product yield is within target range at both a customer level and in aggregate for assigned territory
• Responsible to initiate and lead yield improvement process for business below or above target levels
• Has authority and is responsible to set product general and customer specific sell tariff and spot rates for assigned territory and customers transacted within
territory superseded only by geographical or functional up-line
• Responsible in conjunction with functional up-line, functional peers, tender management, and sales to measure, sell, and procure market competitive rates for market competitive services.
• Responsible to ensure all assigned full time, part time, and 3rd party payroll employees are trained, certified, and re-certified periodically on product SOPs
and Quality Management System
• Responsible to ensure all financial and quality controls and audits are completed accurately and on-time customers to save money, reduce costs, or improve reliability
• Responsible to understand, measure, analyze, and improve critical to quality external (ref CSOP) or internal (ref. SOP) KPIs
• Responsible for role of product subject matter expert when communicating with customers in a variety of settings
• Responsible at times for role of executive sponsor for key customers within assigned territory
• Responsible to lead or participate in corrective actions as necessary to mitigate the likelihood of revenue or profit loss when business is at risk
• Provide timely and accurate analytics and analysis to internal and external stakeholders as agreed with respect to assigned product and territory
• Ensure performance goals are set, performance is measured, and regular informal and formal feedback is provided to direct and indirect reports within assigned
• Responsible to manage vendors or TSP relationships within assigned product territory or as agreed with functional up-line and to develop strategic partnerships as
necessary to differentiate HWL product competitiveness
• Responsible for the quality of cross-docking, consolidation, deconsolidation, and other product specific activities occurring either in a HWL or 3rd party
warehouse. Assists District or Branch Managers with selecting, measuring, and managing HWL or 3rd party warehouses
• Responsible to manage the quality of all product vendors and to ensure business continuity in the event a vendor is unable to perform
This position supervises up to seven (7) full time employees and may supervise temporary employees from time to time based on projects.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
§ Bachelor’s degree (Business, Management, Engineering, Transportation, or associate field), or 8-10 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent of education
§ 5-7 years minimum product experience
§ 3-5 years minimum supervisory or management experience
§ Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial and legal documents, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental
regulations, and most complex documents.
§ Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints and to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members
of the business community.
§ Ability to effectively present information to top management and/or boards of directors and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the
§ Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as freight rates, discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
§ Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
§ Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and follow through on requests.
§ Strong communication, analytical and organizational skills, strong attention to details.
§ Ability to manage workload and prioritize tasks based on department objectives, knowing when to escalate.
§ Ability to juggle various priorities and maintain control without getting flustered.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.