Are you looking for more?
At Mohawk Industries, we’re committed to more – more customer solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable manufacturing and more opportunities for our team.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what’s important to you. Whether you want to lead more, innovate more, learn more or create more, you can find your more with Mohawk.
What we need:
Mohawk is looking for a Field Designer-Hospitality who can do more with Mohawk. The ideal candidate will help increase sales of Mohawk Hospitality products by promoting, presenting, and creating market specific designs and color trend collective works.
This position’s primary responsibility is to service & support local sales teams, Interior Design, Architectural, End-User and key special national accounts by promoting direct design brief capture & interpretation.
What you’ll do:
- Create fashion forward design collections for national and International distribution.
- Continually learn new product knowledge and acquire improved designing skills across all our product categories
- Secure business within specific geographical areas by managing and initialising new projects, and new business opportunities - developing design briefs through to order directly with key clients and working alongside sales and support teams
- Develop accuracy in interpretation of the design brief to improve response times, reduction in iterations between
- Sell Design in a consultative fashion.
What you have:
- Four-year college degree in a related field, Textile/ Graphic Design or Fine Art is preferred
- a minimum of 3+ years of flooring design experience.
- An understanding of design /color principles and concept and a willingness to learn on the job and grow your career
- Familiarity with Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) is desired (Photoshop, Illustrator, Texcelle, etc.)
What you’re good at:
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, and handle multiple tasks with concentration and accuracy to meet multiple deadlines and shifting priorities to meet company specifications and production schedules/requirements.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills necessary to effectively interact with team members, management, and other internal and external customers and to build positive interpersonal relationships with various business partners in a cross – functional environment.
- Consistent, proven ability to manage and implement projects and to contribute to concept development.
- Ability to approach unfamiliar situations and conceptualize a range of creative and imaginative solutions with ease, using creativity skills to develop accurate design results.
- Must be an effective team member
- While we’re a primarily in-office team, we thrive on flexibility and ensuring our people can balance personal and professional time
- We’re located in a pretty great spot – check out [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Field Designer to see what we mean
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Business Development
- Fine Art