To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Merrifield, VA 22119
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Predictive Modeler II
Navy Federal Credit Union • Merrifield, VA
Posted 9 days ago
Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine IND123
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
Formulate and apply mathematical modeling, including predictive modeling, simulation, optimization and other methods to develop and interpret information that assists management with decision making, risk mitigation, policy formulation, operations or other managerial functions. May collect and analyze data and develop decision support software, service, or products. Serve as Lead Analyst on larger scope modeling projects under minimal supervision and assist lower level Analysts with projects. Assist with formulating strategies around risk mitigation, product development and business operation. Provide input, clarification and insight to mid and executive-level management across the company with answers to business questions.
As part of an interdisciplinary team of analysts, statisticians, and modelers, the successful candidate will be primarily responsible for building and maintaining the models that characterize our data-driven decisioning processes. The Modeler will be involved in the full life-cycle of our loan portfolios, providing models and insight to support the design and underwriting of loan products as well as optimizing the performance of our loan portfolios via bad rate models and other predictive and optimization approaches. The successful candidate will also be involved in our continuous improvement initiative which may include review our existing models, recalibration and or restructuring models in the portfolio.
This role rewards creative multi-disciplinary thinking and willingness for life-long learning.
* Collaborate with internal business partners across the Lending division to integrate analytical tools and solutions regarding risk, product development and alignment and business operations
* Develop and test multiple hypotheses using results from analyses to generate and answer questions leading to more in-depth understanding of business issue(s) being studied
* Evaluate/develop/implement analytical techniques and best practices to gain a competitive advantage
* Forecast initiatives to project strategic plan goals and assess current performance
* Identify potential issues that arise during the course of research projects and escalate and communicate these to management and internal clients for awareness\action\resolution
* Lead ad hoc analysis of business problems of various scope and complexity
* Make presentations of status, completion and results of studies to non-technical audience of various levels
* Manage multiple research projects under tight deadlines; ensure research projects are completed on time and meet internal client expectations
* Monitor performance of scored models; recommend/implement changes to improve performance
* Perform full cycle model design and development which includes but is not limited to identifying objectives, sampling, testing/validation, calibration, and monitoring performance
* Proactively work with internal clients and other business areas to create project plans with clear objectives, detailed tasks, accountabilities, timelines, and estimated budgets/corporate impact
* Produce actionable insights from research projects that are effectively communicated
* Generate reports regarding credit loss estimates and impact of credit policy and business development on credit profiles
* Work with other analysts and modelers on quality assurance of source data and systems, analyses, and reporting
* Evaluate new data sources for use in models
* Create and maintain documentation of credit risk models for dissemination by our internal and external partners as well as regulators
* Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications – All required unless otherwise noted:
* Master's Degree in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Engineering or the equivalent combination of training, education, and experience
* Experience in an informal mentoring, and/or leadership role
* Experience in managing multiple priorities independently and/or in a team environment to achieve goals
* Experience in statistical software (e.g.SAS, R, E-views, SPSS Modeler) to manage large data sets
* Experience in using more than two of the following statistical/mathematical methods to solve business problems: linear and logistic regression, decision trees, experimental design, time-series and forecasting, K-means clustering, survival analysis, linear programming, stochastic optimization, mixed inter programming
* Experience with computer simulation and software (Anylogic, Arena, Vensim, Stella, PowerSim, etc.)
* Experience with optimization software (CPLEX, Gurobi, GAMS, AIMMS, SAS/OR, etc.)
* Advanced knowledge of thought leadership in providing vision and strategic thinking around a full range of technical decisions and issues
* Advanced skill exercising initiative and using good judgment to make sound decisions
* Advanced skill interpreting, extrapolating and interpolating data for statistical research and modeling
* Advanced skill using innovative thinking to solve problems and facilitate the decision-making process
* Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects at once without sacrificing quality.
* Highly collaborative work style.
* Ability to evaluate the big picture and solve business problems rather than focusing only on pre-defined metrics.
* Strong drive for excellence.
* Desired - Knowledge of Navy Federal products, services, programs, policies and procedures
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability