Why Gray AE?
Gray AE is a top-ranked design-build firm offering architecture and engineering services to domestic and international customers throughout the U.S. It’s the spirit of the people at Gray AE – passion, commitment and a great team environment – that makes our company a great place to work. Our purpose is to make a difference in people’s lives by creating unforgettable customer experiences and great projects. The people of Gray AE exemplify our core values: we put safety and quality of life first, we are customer and relationship-driven and we demonstrate the golden rule - we treat others the way we want to be treated.
Who we want… (Requirements)
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university with three-five years relevant experience; or a degree from a technical college and five-ten years of relevant experience.
- Basic computer skills including the ability to utilize word processing, spreadsheet, Revit and e-mail applications.
- May require knowledge of applications specific to the project assigned.
- Must also possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
The new team member should be an energetic, self-motivated individual who enjoys a team environment, as well as a passion for collaboration and professional development. If you are a high achiever striving to exceed expectations in a fast-paced innovative company, then Gray is the place for you.
What we expect… (Essential Functions)
- Review design proposal criteria and facilitate preparation of proposal documents for use by construction personnel, subcontractors, and vendors. Function as the design lead on smaller proposals, typically less than 10 million dollars.
- Provide research regarding the project design, along with applicable code and regulatory requirements.
- Consults with customer to determine functional and spatial requirements of new structure or renovation, and prepares information regarding design, specifications, materials, color, and equipment.
- Prepares the layout of project and integrates engineering elements into unified design for customer review and approval.
- Responsible for quality assurance and quality control of design documents for all design disciplines including but not limited to review of documents prepared by Architectural Technicians, sub-consultants and design-build subcontractors.
- Prepare and administer design contracts with the customer and/or sub-consultants.
- Facilitate design reviews and presentation of current design documents for customer review and approval.
- Coordinate design activities with customers and Gray sub-consultants.
- Facilitate the preparation of schematic, design development, and construction documents and manage construction administration activities for the project.
- Develop a design schedule and estimate of A/E costs for projects.
- Substantially impacts the project by approving invoices, creating pay aps, negotiating with outside resources, creating the schedule, and managing the construction documents.
- Responsible for code reviews on behalf of management, in conjunction with the AOR.
- Work with EPA, CORE, and Authority of Jurisdiction to manage issues, in conjunction with the Design Management team.
- Must plan long and short term goals as it relates to the design of the project.
- Monitor project design activities to assure compliance with Gray standards and procedures.
- Manage all administrative tasks related to design for the project.
- Manage all costs related to design activities to ensure accurate budget control. Has budgetary authority to spend money, as is seen fit.
- Will be responsible for the day to day management of one – three technicians and will perform some technical production.
- Other duties may be assigned.
May supervise 1 - 3 team members such as Architectural Technicians. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Gray is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes everyone to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
- Interpersonal Skills