At Caribou Coffee we create day-making experiences that spark a chain reaction of GOOD! This is our purpose. Our team brings this to life by focusing on what's really important around here - TEAM, GUEST, QUALITY! It's that simple. If you're ready to work somewhere you can be yourself while making an impact on your community, creating life-long relationships, and serving the best coffee around, join our herd! Apply today and be part of the 'Bou Crew! THIS POSITION WILL REPORT OUT OF FOND DU LAC, WISCONSINPosition Overview:
The General Manager is responsible for the culture and overall leadership and direction of the store. This role is responsible for ensuring team engagement, execution of goals, setting expectations and applying accountability, and the overall experience of the Caribou Brand. This role creates success through a commitment to Team, Guest and Quality and bringing the Core Values to life daily.
The General Manager is expected to maximize opportunities for sales and traffic growth. A General Manager is a leader in their community, an inspiration to the team and the embodiment of the Caribou purpose: To create day making experience that spark a chain reaction of GOOD. DOING - What you deliver:
- Demonstrates the DOING of an Assistant General Manager with ease, enthusiasm and excellence
- Models, upholds and implements Caribou policies, practices, and standards
- Ensures the store is fully staffed for upcoming shifts including ensuring that all TM schedules are up to date and writing timely and effective schedules; is planful for the future in staffing including bench planning and development
- Owns the entire recruiting process (job posts, sourcing, timely follow-up, interviewing, hiring and onboarding)
- Keeps the team engaged and energized
- Responsible for execution of Role Based Training and LTO/Promotional Window training
- Demonstrates clear and effective communication to team about expectations and "the why behind the what"
- Keeps accurate records in Workday
- Ensures overall safety of Team Members and Guests
- Coaches, trains, and develops the team to generate their best DOING and BEING during every shift and with every interaction and to foster a culture of growth and career progression
- Delivers proactive, timely, and thoughtful coaching conversations and feedback to support the team
- Exemplifies/embodies incredible guest experience at all times
- Trains and develops team to provide a best in class guest experience
- Demonstrates and teaches guest recovery
- Takes ownership of Guest Satisfaction metrics and results
- Represents Caribou in handling guest complaints and/or issues; demonstrating a sincere approach and desire to find an effective solution
- Is a brand ambassador in the community including involvement, leadership and "being Caribou" in every interaction
- Consistently acts as the business owner - taking full ownership of the success of the store and team
- Owns the importance and execution of food safety and sanitization, the health and safety of the store, and uses the company supported tools available to accomplish success metrics
- Outspoken and relentless champion of executing standard operation procedure
- Keen aptitude of store systems including CrunchTime, GoSpotCheck, EcoSure, TeamworX, Medallia, Workday, Beekeeper, etc.
- Has deep understanding of P&L to build financial plans and fiscal responsibility
- Creates energy, enthusiasm and focus on meeting and exceeding sales goals
- Demonstrates efficient inventory control and waste management
BEING - How you show up:
- Assists with delivery of quality store operations and in-store sales building activities
- Ensures a quality guest experience by driving fast and friendly service, verifies that each product delivered to our guests meets Caribou quality standards and maintains a clean and safe environment according to company and ServSafe guidelines
- Minimizes loss through strict observance of cash handling policies, proper training of team members, and complying with all accounting/banking requirements
- Brings the Core Values to life in all that you do: Support One Another, Make Fun Happen, Be Yourself, Take Ownership, Serve With Love.
- Enthusiastically takes ownership of ALL OF IT
- Takes Being Yourself and Making Fun happen to the next level
- Is authentically their BEST self every day
- Creates trust in team (they trust you and you extend trust to them)
- Is the calm amidst the storm, ability to bring calm, focus and perspective to situations - is resilient, durable, unflappable
- Embrace diversity in all aspects of leadership and learning
- Is a change leader and champion, recognizes that all growth is change and all growth is powerful
- Supports GM peers through partnership and collaboration
- Gives and receives feedback with positive intent with a desire to always get better and grow
- Unwavering example of grace and professionalism in challenging situations, handles confidential information with empathy and consistency
- Takes ownership of difficult conversations; does not avoid conflict, but rather seeks to dismantle it
- A minimum of 2-3 years of restaurant, retail, or guest service management experience and or combined experience and education
- Experience with sales building, P&L statements, recruiting, and training
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Has a valid driver's license and reliable transportation
- ServSafe Certified preferred or certification within 90-days of employment
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
The physical requirements for this position are hearing, speaking, seeing, bending, reaching, lifting up to 50 pounds, and being able to stand for 4 to 8 hours, or the ability to accomplish the physical requirements with or without reasonable accommodations. The duties of this position may change from time to time. Caribou reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Caribou or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Caribou Coffee Operating Company, Inc. and its affiliates are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers to all applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type based on any characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Address: | 123 Address Coming Soon , Oshkosh, Wisconsin 54902 |
The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, lifting up to 50 pounds, sitting, standing, for 4 to 8 hours, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical demands may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Caribou Coffee reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the company or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Caribou Coffee Company, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Company") are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and individuals with Disabilities and do not discriminate based on gender identity or sexual orientation.Brand:
- Apache Spark
- Balanced Budgeting
- Customer Service
- Food Safety