The Packer is responsible for a variety of packaging and warehousing duties. Primary purpose will include packaging all bag sizes correctly into the finished cases at standard packaging speeds and stacking cases of finished product on pallets for delivery to warehouse. Essential Job Duties
- Packages all sizes, at each standard speed rate for each size to achieve optimum efficiency.
- Assures Kettle Foods package code and quality requirements are met.
- Stacks cases of finished product on pallets and transports empty and finished pallets.
- Supplies empty cases and trays to packers.
- Completes pallet record sheets and code verification sheets correctly.
- Performs line changeovers and cleanup duties.
- Performs pack-off duties.
- Performs code changeovers and verifies proper code usage.
- Communicates frequently with lead, supervisor or manager; other material handlers, machine operators and warehouse employees.
- Communicates equipment failures and process improvement.
- Occasionally performs other duties at the finished and raw chip inspection conveyor removing off-grade product.
- Assists with line cleans, work area clean ups and pack tables during down time.
- Consistently adheres to good manufacturing practices, standard operating procedures, and safety regulations.
- May perform other duties as required.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Knowledgeable of coding and case taper functions/maintenance.
- Knowledgeable of Good Manufacturing Practices, Standard Operating Procedures, and Safety Regulations.
- Knowledgeable of package coding requirements and quality standards.
- Ability to perform tasks independently and as part of a team to accomplish production goals.
- Efficient stacking of boxes and use of pallet jacks.
- Accurate completion of cleanups and changeovers.
- Accurate completion of paperwork.
- Effective math skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Interpersonal and team skills for working with employees at all levels within the company.
- Ability to lift and stack cases, trays, and pallets on a continuing basis.
- Ability to operate a pallet jack.
- Ability to work in a safe manner in a production environment with safety hazards.
- Ability to work in an environment with spices in the air.
- Ability to construct cases and fill cases with required number of bags.
- Ability to tolerate fluctuating temperatures in a loud noise production environment.
High School Diploma, or equivalent preferred.
Packaging And Labeling
See the next step in your career
Packer-1st Shift-Beloit, Starting Wage $14.15/hr
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 19620
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Snyder’s-Lance, Inc., headquartered in Charlotte, NC, manufactures and markets snack foods throughout the United States and internationally. The Company’s products include pretzels, sandwich crackers, potato chips, cookies, tortilla chips, restaurant style crackers, nuts and other snacks. Snyder’s-Lance has manufacturing facilities in North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Iowa, Indiana, Georgia, Arizona, Massachusetts, Texas, Florida, Ohio, and Ontario, Canada. Products are sold under the Snyder’s of Hanover, Lance, Cape Cod, Krunchers!, Tom’s, Archway, Jays, Stella D’oro, O-Ke-Doke, and Grande brand names along with a number of private label and third party brands. Products are distributed nationally through grocery and mass merchandisers, convenience stores, club stores, food service outlets and other channels. The Company Snyder’s-Lance Inc. was formed by bringing the best of two companies together in Snyder’s of Hanover and Lance Inc. in December 2010.
View the full profile