About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WBTV was the first television station to sign on in the Carolinas and is considered the "most trustworthy source of news and information" in the area according to research. WBTV First Alert Weather is the certified most accurate forecast for the market as measured by WeatheRate. Being "On Your Side" for viewers, clients and the community is the guiding principle of WBTV and helps drive its award-winning newscasts and quality local journalism. Visit www.wbtv.com to learn more.
Are you ready for the fast pace of a top 25 market? Do you shine under pressure? Are you a rock star when it comes to live reporting on breaking news? WBTV is looking for an aggressive multimedia journalist who knows what the story is and knows how to break it down in a clear and conversational way for a television audience. An energetic live presence is key for this position. We need a journalist who connects with the community across broadcast, digital and social media platforms. Excellent time management, strong writing skills and clear on-air delivery are critical for success in this position. You must be able to work efficiently and independently while operating as part of a strong team. You must include a link to samples of your on-air work with your resume.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Strong live reporting
- Cover breaking news with a sense of urgency and impact
- Pitch story ideas and contribute to editorial discussions
-Ability to deliver critical information in multiple live shots a day
- Develop and cultivate sources
- Shoot, write, edit visually compelling vosots and packages
- Write a digital article for each story you cover
- Post and interact on multiple social media platforms
- Must be able to lift 25-30 lbs
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as an MMJ required, additional experience preferred
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including mornings, weekends, holidays and/or on call shifts
- Social media proficiency required
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong writing skills (broadcast and print styles)
- Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment MVR check
- Qualified candidates, please apply online and attach resume, references and links to your recent work
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to NEWS REPORTER/MMJ - WBTV, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your resume, cover letter and references
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
- Hardworking And Dedicated
- Multimedia Products
- Social Media