STRATEGIC STAFFING SOLUTIONS (S3) HAS AN OPENING!
Strategic Staffing Solutions is currently looking for a Sr. Data Scientist for a direct hire opportunity with one of our largest clients located in Detroit, MI!
Title: Sr. Data Scientist
Location: Detroit, MI
Role Type: FTE/Direct Hire
- Leads analytics projects and collaborates with cross-functional stakeholders to complete end-to-end analyses that includes business requirements, data gathering, analysis, scaleable solutions, and presentations.
- Conducts advanced statistical analysis to determine trends and significant data relationships, and proactively recommend areas of improvement.
- Develops complex data sets and predictive models to support key decisions to improve safety, employee engagement, operation efficiency, product quality, and customer satisfaction.
- Prepares and delivers insightful presentations and actionable recommendations.
- Educates leaders and other employees on complex analytical findings in basic terms with storytelling and data visualization.
- Identifies and evaluates technologies and provides strategic inputs to advance the organization's analytics capabilities.
- Implements new statistical, mathematical, machine learning, or other methodologies for modeling or analyses.
- Responsible for discovering insights from Big Data to help shape or meet specific business needs and goals.
- Utilizes business expertise to translate goals into data-based deliverables, such as predictive models, pattern detection analysis or optimization algorithms.
- Champions self-service reporting capability and use of Business Intelligence and statistical tools; advances the analytical capabilities of the organization.
- Develops data and analytical processes based on Continuous Improvement learnings and practices
- Intermediate- to advanced-level skills and experience with data mining and statistical analysis using analytical packages / tools (e.g., R, SAS, SPSS, Stata, MATLAB, Minitab, etc.)
- Intermediate- to advanced-level skills and experience articulating business questions, pulling data from relational databases (e.g., SAP BW, ORACLE, SQL SERVER) and using advanced excel and statistical tools (e.g., Minitab, Alteryx, Advanced Excel with VBA, R, SAS, SPSS, Stata, MATLAB, etc.) and determining the appropriate analytical approach to conduct in-depth analysis to support decision making.
- Intermediate- to advanced-level programming skills in SQL, C/C++/C#, Java, R, Python, PHP, ASP, or SAS.
- Intermediate- to advanced-level skills in applied research design and machine learning (e.g., multivariate statistical analysis, unsupervised and supervised learning, predictive modeling, etc.)
- Self-starter and quick learner; advances self and others' knowledge and skill sets in business processes, data science, new analytical frameworks, technologies, and applications.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills, including ability to communicate technical information and complex data analytics to a non-technical audience.
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis on coursework of a quantitative nature (e.g., Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Data Science, Industrial/Organizational Psychology and Econometrics, etc.) and 7 years of experience working in a data analytical or computer programming function;
- Or - Master's degree and 5 years of experience working in a data analytical or computer programming function.
- Asp.Net Core
- Big Data
- Business Intelligence
- Business Process Improvement
- Business Processes