Enterprise Products Partners L.P. is the largest publicly traded partnership and a leading North American provider of energy services. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, Enterprise Products and its affiliates have over 6,500 employees. Enterprise's large integrated, geographical portfolio of assets provides multiple opportunities to grow through internal growth projects and through acquisitions. Enterprise service offerings include onshore and offshore energy gathering, processing, storage, fractionation, terminalling, transportation and marketing for crude oil, natural gas, natural gas liquids and refined products. To maximize the value of its interests, Enterprise's team utilizes an array of options that provides innovative solutions to create growth opportunities for the partnership and build value for investors. Energy professionals are discovering rewarding opportunities with Enterprise Products through exciting new growth areas, developing markets and innovative ways to provide energy solutions to customers.
Make the most of your talents in a fast-paced environment driven by people who strive for achievement. Enjoy corporate strength, stability, and a rewarding career at a growing industry-leading and diverse operating company with a track record for success. Tap into the professional possibilities of Enterprise Products Company.
The Plant Operator is responsible for the day-to-day operations and maintenance of natural gas amine treating plants, compressors and pipeline systems via both computer control center and onsite operations. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Operate natural gas plant and pipeline equipment including, but not limited to: amine treating plants, chilled water gas conditioning skids, reciprocating natural gas compressors, TEG dehydrators, fluid separation equipment, valves, gas measurement equipment, etc.
- Operate plant equipment & system.
- Start-up/Shutdown of plant equipment.
- Adjust controls to operate equipment in the recommended or prescribed operating ranges.
- Visually inspect equipment and controls at periodic intervals to detect malfunctions or need for repair, adjustment or lubrication.
- De-pressure equipment and pipelines.
- Operate valves.
- Monitor plant and pipeline operations and respond to emergency or upset conditions.
- Operate under Process Safety Management (PSM) as required.
- Implement safe work practices and participate in proactive safety culture while ensuring safety for the employee, public and environment at all times.
- Monitor gas gathering system through SCADA and make calls to alert customers of situations that could affect gas deliveries.
- Ensure regulatory compliance and record keeping requirements are met and continually monitored.
- Read, monitor and record various operating conditions such as pressure, temperature, hours of operations, fuel consumed, water levels, etc.
- Perform minor maintenance on equipment including, but not limited to: reciprocating natural gas compressors, TEG dehydrators, fluid separation equipment, valves, etc.
- Monitor, remove and replace filters, oil, chemicals, other lubricating fluids, gaskets, and valves as needed.
- Change gauges.
- Maintain sites in a clean condition including picking up/taking out trash, control weeds and grassy areas, minor painting, etc.
- Clean out site glasses as necessary.
- Change out suction/discharge valves on natural gas compressors, light bulbs, and fuses.
- Improve upon meeting the needs and demands of customers.
- Maintain a near perfect driving record.
- Direct and supervise contract labor involved in plant maintenance activities.
- Collaborate with direct supervisor on new and improved ideas associated with an evolving plant and pipeline system.
- Work a rotating 12 hour shift schedule.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- A minimum of a High School diploma or G.E.D. equivalent is required.
- Technical certification or equivalent training in a mechanical environment or energy related field is preferred.
- A valid driver's license with acceptable driving record is required.
- Knowledge of the operation, control and general design of various kinds of systems typically present in a processing or fractionation plant is required.
- The ability to perform basic mathematical calculations, such as, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical solutions is required.
- Basic computer skills such as: opening, creating and updating content in MS Word documents and Excel spreadsheets is required.
- Ability to assume responsibility, be flexible, perform duties and handle multiple tasks under potentially stressful and/or hazardous conditions.
- The ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with other individuals, teams, customers, and stakeholders of the business, at various levels of the organization, in a business like and professional manner is required.
- The ability to modify communication style in order to influence, persuade, negotiate, and engage all parties according to the audience and circumstance is required.
- Takes initiative and is proactive in addressing issues. Quickly and efficiently completes tasks.
- The ability to demonstrate conscientiousness, dependability and commitment to the role, team and company.
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment with less definition, policy, and bureaucracy.
- Works indoors and outdoors in and around industrial and electrical equipment.
- Works in temperature extremes due to weather conditions and operating equipment.
- Uses physical force to lift, push, pull and hold equipment and tools.
- Climbs and works at various heights and may work in a standing, sitting, lying down, crouched or kneeling position.
- Routinely reacts to visual, aural and other signals, including alarms and instructions, and is required to visually inspect work.
- May work in confined spaces (i.e. tanks, between compressors, vessels).
- Must be able to regularly bend, stoop, move from ground level to higher levels, raise/lift from ground level and lift up to 50 lbs., manually transport a load up to 75 lbs., apply up to 100 foot pounds of torque.
- Must have ability to get in and out of vehicles regularly and ride over rough roads.
Operate Plant Equipment
Repair Mechanical Equipment