Description Job Description:
Leidos is hiring a Sensors Engineer knowledgeable in various sensors (IR, SAR, RADAR, etc.) to support NASIC at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio, as an integral member of a government-contractor team. The successful candidate will research multiple sensors on foreign spacecraft on Team Leader-assigned systems to include static and dynamic characteristics.
All work is onsite; an active TS/SCI clearance is required for this role.
This position will require working as part of a team comprised of military, government, and other contractors to achieve high confidence answers to problems of interest. The qualified candidate must also be able to work independently and have effective writing and verbal communication skills.
**A sign-on bonus may be considered for qualified candidates!*
* Research and advise on sensor specs and details as used in multiple foreign spacecraft systems
* Demonstrate knowledge of the functioning of sensors in satellite systems
* Research sensor components or entire vehicles
* Produce high confidence answers to problems of interest on sensors and space systems
* Active TS/SCI security clearance
* BS or Engineering Degree in Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related field
* 4+ years of experience ideally in sensors of various types
* Ability to work with engineers who are generating 3D CAD models of sensors and space systems
* Strong analytical and communication skills and ability to work individually and with teams
* Some knowledge of electrical space sensors a plus.
* Electrical understanding of space systems a plus.External Referral Bonus:
EligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Sensors Mechanical Engineer - Active TS/SCI clearance required!.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Sensors Mechanical Engineer - Active TS/SCI clearance required!.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Sensors Mechanical Engineer - Active TS/SCI clearance required!.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.