C.R. England is a stable, financially sound company with opportunity for growth within the company. As a 100-year leader in transportation, C.R. England is hiring a Logistics Coordinator to grow its asset-based business out of our Colton, CA dedicated location.
Why join us:
Stability: The transportation industry is crucial to the U.S. economy, making C.R. England a stable career choice. As a 100 year-old leader in the transportation industry, we have grown 100% in the last decade.
Employee Value: 2015 recipient of the Achievers Award for Most Engaged Workplaces in the U.S
Benefits: World class compensation and benefits packages, continuous training and development, and a team-oriented culture
Work life balance: At C.R. England we value family both in our individual homes and our company family; our culture embraces this philosophy and fosters an environment to support both.
The Logistics Coordinator is at the very center of a fast-paced strategic environment. Our customers require individuals who think strategically and plan ahead of rapidly changing situations while maintaining a positive team oriented attitude. Logistics Coordinators must be organized and engaged with the team.
The Logistics Coordinator key responsibilities are to manage asset utilization and drivers to ensure a high delivery of customer service and fleet profitability. Additionally, the Logistics Coordinator assists, coaches and mentors drivers with all training and administrative items.
Essential job requirements may include, but not limited to:
- Build and match planned freight to day cabs or condo trucks and drivers. In a dedicated training environment, this will include planning to coordinate trainers and trainees needs for hours and home time.
- Review PTAs and driver’s requests for time off or home time in planning loads for same-day or next-day dispatching. Schedule work and assign tasks to drivers.
- Coordinate with others in the department for awareness of driver, freight, and asset availability. Identify concerns with drivers who may need additional support, coaching, or disciplinary action to supervisors and managers.
- Coordinate with Maintenance on trucks out of service or returning to service to plan and dispatch accordingly.
- When available from customers, plan for future freight.
- Track drivers, loads and receivers to ensure dispatching is able to continue to run as planned.
- In a Dedicated environment, coordinate backhauls to meet customer’s needs and keep freight, trucks, and trailers moving consistently.
- Maintain frequent contact with assigned drivers, monitoring call-offs, fatigue concerns and equipment issues. In a dedicated training environment, also includes ensuring trainees are working appropriately to next phase of training and placement.
- With team drivers, ensuring loads assigned are appropriate for teams and hours available.
- Monitor Hours of Service for dispatching and compliance.
- In a dedicated training environment, efforts should be focused on routing trucks or drivers (solo) with capacity to a terminal for better efficiency.
- Handle urgent situations such as the need to recover truck, freight, or driver, traffic, weather conditions or other unforeseen circumstances that may prevent on-time delivery.
- Assist in orienting new drivers to fleets/accounts on proper ways to communicate, report to work, and other scheduling expectations.
- Work with drivers who have unique scheduling needs or issues that arise. Ensure coordination with supervisors and managers for special items such as leaves of absence, extended time off requests or concerns about meeting expectations.
Job qualifications may include, but not limited to:
- Ability to work with office equipment, utilizing computers for majority of tasks and must be familiar with Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Proficient with Excel and other reporting capabilities.
- Excellent inter-personal skills with drivers, other personnel, customers, and management.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Capable of hearing, with our without correction, sufficiently to perceive normal speaking levels and receive detailed information through oral communication in order to facilitate meetings and work with internal customers and stakeholders by telephone and in person.
- Position may involve kneeling, stooping, bending, pushing, lifting, carrying and moving objects that can weigh up to 25 pounds.
- Capable of working extended hours, to include weekends, holidays and various shifts (to include evening and night shifts) as necessary.
- Capable of sitting at a desk for extended periods of time and working with computer equipment.
- Capable of speaking, writing, and reading English well and possessing a good command of the language so that various types of communications may be conducted in English with people of various levels of education and capabilities.
- Capable of visual acuity, with or without correction, sufficient to prepare and analyze data and figures, view a computer terminal, and read extensively.
Education and Experience:
- College degree preferred but combination of college work and experience will be considered.
- Prior logistical or planning experienced needed.
- Transportation or logistics industry experience preferred.
- Strong geographical knowledge with expertise in time and distance requirements as it pertains to Department.
- Transportation regulations is needed.
- High school diploma or GED required.
Working Environment and Conditions:
- Must have the ability to work on more than one assignment at a time with frequent interruptions, changes and/or delays.
- Must be able to remain focused and work effectively, efficiently, and cheerfully under such circumstances.
- Must be able to handle incoming requests for assistance via phone and in person while working on other tasks.
- Must remain professional in light of challenging situations that may occur in the location.
- May be required to work in customer location. Must follow customer rules and requirements in areas such as dress code, access, hours, etc.
- Occasional travel by air or car.
- Audio Equipments
- Computer Equipment
- Computer Terminals
- Customer Service