To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX 77004
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Buyer - Turnarounds
LyondellBasell • Houston, TX
Posted 12 hours ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
LyondellBasell’s Procurement and Utilities group facilitates supply solutions globally for LyondellBasell. We manage supplier relationships in order to provide value to our internal customers in the acquisition of materials, services, and utilities.
The Buyer – Turnarounds is responsible for the purchase of Services and Materials for turnarounds on a site or regional basis; ensures accurate definition requirements; understands market requirements; establishes and maintains an effective procurement system. The Buyer – Turnarounds establishes and utilizes a support network for timely acquisition of Services and Materials for turnarounds while achieving maximum overall cost effectiveness. The Buyer – Turnarounds will be a focal point for contact for Commodity Managers/Project Buyers located at the Houston Corporate office and will actively engage strategic buyers and other contract owners in support of strategy development and execution.
This position will support a Houston-area manufacturing location, and will initially be located at our Houston Engineering Center, only 14 short miles from downtown Houston, TX. The position offers a competitive base salary, bonus, 401K matching, generous benefits package, pension plan and employee discounts.
- Provide procurement subject matter expertise and non-supervisory oversight for all procurement activity for assigned sites.
- Interacts regularly with technically-oriented internal and external customers to communicate and/or negotiate complex contract issues.
- Develops long-term valued supplier partnerships while seeking opportunities to optimize the supplier base.
- Attending all Site Maintenance Team Leadership planning meetings involving outside purchases of services.
- Provide site level planning/procurement project management support for smaller Turnarounds/Outage.
- Working knowledge of Procurement systems; E-Sourcing/Sourcing 7.0, SAP Business Warehouse (BW) and SAP PRD+.
- Support specific Commodities/Segments as assigned by working with Strategic colleagues.
- Travel to assigned sites multiple times throughout the quarter to ensure face to face meetings; participate in site walk-a-bouts to gain an understanding of the quality and service levels provided by suppliers.
- Participate with Strategic colleagues, Service Sr. Buyers, and Field Supervisor to resolve supplier and site issues as well as to develop and execute proactive process.
- Manage workload of assigned to maximize available supply time and balance business demand.
- Monitor Auto-PO batch requests for failure; troubleshoot any discrepancies to ensure the orders process in a timely manner.
- Perform SAP PO maintenance activity as required (PO closing, material price updates, OA updates, PO Change Order requests, etc.)
- Expediting PO’s – ensuring delivery dates are met by suppliers including monitoring long lead time items.
Services purchased include, but are not limited to: Gen. Mechanical, Maintenance Repair, Material & Equipment Maintenance, Construction Services, Mechanical Labor, Non Hazardous Waste Hauling/Disposal, Hazardous/Non Hazardous Waste Disposal, Specialty Welding Services, Engineering Services, and Cooling Tower Repairs and Maintenance.
Note: The above major outgoing responsibilities describe only the essential job functions and are not intended to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities. All job functions must be performed in accordance with Client Corporate policies and procedures.
Education and Key Requirements:
- 1-2 years of procurement, chemical, engineering or related industry experience is required.
- SAP experience is required.
- Bachelor's degree is preferred; 2+ years related experience with degree is preferred; 6+ years' experience required in lieu of degree.
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world’s largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.