Title: Sr Network Engineer (Contract) - Job# 4022
Location: Houston TX (hybrid/remote)
Under minimal supervision, provides voice and data network engineering for hardware and/or software, design, planning and implementation of complicated computer networks to meet business needs. Provides support for complex networks in regards to planning, configuration, and optimization. Evaluates, designs, and maintains existing or proposed products/systems.
- Plan, forecasts, identify and implement resource requirements for complex voice and data network systems (including wireless and VoIP).
- Work on more complicated network planning, network architecture design and engineering.
- Manage cost/billing, installation, and support of network communication solutions.
- Design complex network configurations (integrating communication architectures) to maximize the sharing of applications, information, and resources across the company.
- Provide users with advanced network technical support and solutions, and respond to needs and questions of users concerning access to network resources.
- Assess new software and existing products/systems and resolves network problems as they occur.
- Develop and record technical standards and interface applications.
- Provide ongoing reports to management, customers, and peers regarding enhancements and innovations.
- Monitor and perform network troubleshooting to isolate and resolve complex or ambiguous network problems.
- Be available to mentor less-experienced personnel and act as team leader on systems projects.
- 5-7 years of previous experience required.
- Demonstrated experience with Load Balancing, Firewalls, and IPS’s.
- Working knowledge of Cisco networking gear. . LAN/WAN systems, networks, and applications.
- Strong analytical, technical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated project management skills. . Excellent customer service skills.
- Vendor/account management.
- Work experience with Avaya solutions.
- Frame Relay, ATM, MPLS and/or VPN.
- Ability to communicate and articulate information to all levels of the organization (including but not limited to: technical and non-technical personnel, outside vendors, and Senior Leadership).
- Experience designing and implementing MPLS converged networks.
- Involvement and implementation of large-scale voice and data network design.
- Work with UNIX operating systems.
- Scripting experience
- Cabling/data center hardware and design experience
- Proven demonstration to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or similar area of study.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE), or Avaya PBX Administration Certification.
Delphi-US is a national recruiting firm based in Newport, Rhode Island. We specialize in IT, Engineering and Professional Staffing services for organizations from Main Street to Wall Street. Our mission is simple: To connect great people to great companies. We accomplish this with a proprietary skill-based and cultural matching process that results in higher qualified submissions along with increased interviews and offer rates. You’ll find our team is friendly, professional and ready to advocate on your behalf, armed with industry trends, and an understanding of employer expectations.
- Account Management
- Business Requirements