MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Responsible for providing general accounting and financial reporting expertise for a portfolio of properties. Responsible for reconciliation of bank accounts, analysis of accounts, performing month-end close, and assisting the Accounting Team.
Our Client is a multifamily real estate development and operating company, well known across the country.
- Reconciles and analyzes various company General Ledgers.
- Prepare and input journal entries and ensures entries are accurate and correct, and contacts division Associates to obtain information, if needed.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures.
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year end close processes.
- Assist in preparation of audit and tax schedule/returns.
- Assist in preparation and/or review of monthly variances and analysis of variances (actual to budget on P/L).
- Communicate on a daily basis with Community Manager to relay financial information.
- Assist with annual budget preparation.
- Bachelor's in Accounting or related field is required.
- Minimum of 2 years of real estate (homebuilding and/or multifamily) experience is required.
- Experience with public accounting is preferred.
- Excellent Excel skills.
- RealPage accounting system or comparable system experience is a plus.
- Be a proven team player and leader that can work quickly, accurately, and independently in a fast paced environment.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Strong prioritization skills while managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Organizational skills required; meeting deadlines in a timely manner.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Competitive compensation package
- Paid Time Off
- Health Insurance including Medical, Dental, and Vision
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles