To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Sierra Vista, AZ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Help Desk Specialist, Intermediate
Chenega Corporation • Sierra Vista, AZ
Posted 1 month ago
Experience - 3 years
Degree - High School
Other Great Industries
Customer Service, Information Technology
CHENEGA IT ENTERPRISE SERVICES, LLC Company Job Title: Help Desk Specialist, Intermediate Clearance: Secret Location: Fort Huachuca, AZ Reports To: Program Manager FLSA Status: Non - Exempt, Full Time, Regular Summary: The Help Desk Specialist, Intermediate under general supervision, responds to and diagnoses problems through discussions with users to include problem recognition, research, isolation, and resolution steps. The Help Desk Specialist, Intermediate will typically resolve less complex problems immediately, while more complex problems are assigned to senior level support. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in all phases of help desk support in order to insure tickets are coordinated, monitored, logged, tracked, and resolved appropriately
- Assist in maintaining responsibility for development, maintenance, and integrity of help desk software.
- Performs troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose IT problems on desktop equipment and peripherals, including software and hardware.
- Provides remote and on-site troubleshooting for hardware and software support.
- Troubleshoots and supports Windows operating systems, MAC OS, advanced MS Office product issues, and other IT issues.
- Upgrades software components as required.
- Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to the final resolution.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- May involve use of problem management database and help desk systems.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma/GED and 3 years similar experience, OR Associate’s Degree and 1 year experience, OR Bachelor’s Degree
- IT Level III required
- iWATCH; AR 25-2 - IA Awareness; AT Level I; Level I OPSEC; CUI; ALMS Security; AHIMA HIPAA – Privacy and Security training required Secret clearance required
- Ability to work shift type schedule
- Leadership and self-direction skills are highly desired. Ability to solve complex problems utilizing creative thinking skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to critically analyze and understand the systems and communicate system requirements to the customer and leadership.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Ability to meet eligibility requirements of a government security clearance for access to classified information
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Job ID: 1900000165