To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Iowa City, IA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Vice President Professional Services
ACT • Iowa City, IA
Posted 1 month ago
ACT is a nonprofit organization helping people achieve educational and workplace success. Our programs are designed to boost lifelong learning in schools and workplaces around the world. Whether it's guiding students along their learning paths, enabling companies to develop their workforce, fostering parent, teacher, and counselor understanding of student progress, guiding job seekers toward career success, or informing policymakers about education and workforce issues. ACT is passionate about making a difference in all we do. Learn more about working at ACT at act.org.
The Vice President Professional Services is responsible and will be accountable to prospect and lead B2B sales activity that drives and delivers growth in new and existing professional services client engagements. This includes identifying and creating opportunities to provide ACT's services to align with customer's business needs and outcomes. The Vice President will lead a direct team, as well as the cross-functional enterprise effort to collaborate, develop, and deliver customized services. This position provides credible expertise in ACT's professional services offering, both internally and externally.Responsibilities
Typical work-related activities include:
- Develop and lead overall go-to-market strategy for professional services with a focus on Ed Tech services offered to new and existing customers
- Develop growth and optimization strategy; identify market opportunities, develop pricing models and oversee the execution of proposals and bids
- Partner with, and develop a plan with international sales team to increase awareness of ACT's professional services with external customers and within credentialing boards/bodies
- Responsible for the overall practice development and the delivery of professional services to meet specific customer requirements. Manage and guide service engagements and delivery to clients; review project plans, deliverables, and timelines to ensure services are delivered as proposed.
- Collaborate closely with ACT subject matter experts in the development and delivery of professional services to ensure customer needs are identified and met. Manage independent contractors engaged for specific projects.
- Articulate relevant customer success stories and metrics that demonstrate value to the customer
- Develop and execute communications plan across all ACT business functions engaged in the professional services development and delivery
- Manage forecasts and communicate goals and objectives for the consulting group
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in education or business administration
- Master's degree preferred
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired
- A minimum of 10 years of related experience in business development and sales required. Must include experience with the following:
- developing and delivering professional services
- managing a consulting team
- Education technology, learning, and/or measurement experience highly preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong networking skills, and significant visibility within the Ed Tech and education industry
- Strong understanding of Ed Tech customer segmentation and targeting
- Demonstrated success working with clients and managing multiple teams and projects
- Ability to develop and articulate business strategy
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues at all levels across the organization
- Strong program management focus; ability to develop plans, execute on plans, and meet deadlines
- Ability to manage people, build consensus and ensure focus in a cross-functional environment
- Ability to analyze complex problems
- Ability to translate complex information into compelling presentations
- Ability to analyze data to make decisions and form action plans
- Strong business and financial acumen
This position can be based at HQ (Iowa City, IA), remote, or other ACT location considerations (NYC, Denver, D.C.)