To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Bethesda, MD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Agent Mortgage Loan Officer
Pentagon Federal Credit Union • Bethesda, MD
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Agent Mortgage Loan Officer
PenFed Credit Union is hiring a Agent Mortgage Loan Officer in Bethesda,MD. The Agent Mortgage Loan Officer (MLO) proactively solicits new residential mortgage business and sells Pentagon Federal Credit Union’s (PenFed) mortgage products to meet established loan quality and production goals.In this on-going sales role, the Agent MLO continually identifies, develops and maintains a quality network of business relationships that serves as a recurring source of referrals for new mortgage lending opportunities. An Agent MLO’s network may consist of real estate professionals, builders, professional and personal contacts, as well as other valuable referral sources, and is enhanced by the Agent MLO’s regular participation in business related development opportunities, community efforts to promote homeownership and professional organizations.
The Agent MLO responds to member inquiries and referrals that are generated from both their own contacts and from other PenFed’s business channels. The Agent MLO conducts interviews with prospective borrowers in order to analyze financial and credit data, determine member financing objectives, advice members of product and pricing policies and guidelines, and gather any additional required information. The Agent MLO ensures exceptional member service by maintaining thorough knowledge of lending programs, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements, demonstrating a commitment to professional ethics, complying with all Federal and state compliance policies and adhering to Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HDMA) guidelines.
- Proactively solicits new residential mortgage business and sells PenFed mortgage products to meet established loan quality and production goals.
- Promote sales and continually identifies, develops and maintains a quality network of realtor and member business relationships. Increase mortgage business by marketing, promoting and recommending loan products and services with use of sales techniques to promote and close transactions.
- Represent PenFed in the market place, research competitor and other external marketplace best practices. Have an awareness of competitive strategies and knowledge of product offerings as a means to improving sales penetration and fulfilling the needs of actual and potential members.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of Conventional, VA and FHA lending policies and procedures.
- Conduct interviews with prospective borrowers in order to collect and analyze information regarding the member’s income, assets, investments or debts to determine member financing objectives. Provide sound mortgage advice to members regarding the advantages and disadvantages of different loan products and pricing policies and guidelines.
- Ensure exceptional member service by maintaining thorough knowledge of lending programs, policies, procedures, regulatory requirements and demonstrate a commitment to professional ethics.
- Learn and utilize assigned programs and technology to maintain regulatory loan documentation requirements. Ensure that all conditions and closing dates are met.
- Initiate and maintain contact with realtors and members throughout the processing period to ensure that all related parties are kept informed of loan status, conveying the appropriate level of urgency and professionalism so that all expectations are exceeded. Identify any issues which may impact ability to meet previously established conditions and dates in a timely manner.
Education and Experience
- Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Four year college degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years residential mortgage lending experience with a focus on generating self-sourced business is preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of mortgage processing, underwriting and closing procedures.
- Knowledge of Conventional, FHA and or VA lending guidelines.
- Understanding of Federal Regulations governing Real Estate Lending.
This position will not supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call is required.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.6 million members and over $23 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 571-289-4710.