$160000.00 to $180000.00 yearly
Contact Robert Half Finance about this reputable Retail company's VP & CONTROLLER opportunity, if you have a knack for leading with high standards, positively motivating others, and making critical decisions and have experience taking charge of an accounting and clerical department. To succeed in this VP & CONTROLLER role, you will need to plan and direct all accounting operational functions, handle the accumulation and consolidation of financial data for internal and external financial statements, evaluate accounting and internal control systems, and lead departmental staff. This role's duties will require leading with integrity and reliability and having the ability to manage self and others with urgency, practicality and accountability when providing client services. This position is for a creative team player with a talent for challenging the status quo, coming up with unique ideas, negotiating and influencing. This VP & CONTROLLER role will provide you with a very competitive and generous compensation and benefits package. If it's time to advance your career, consider this position. This full-time position is for a VP & CONTROLLER who will work in the Westlake, OH.
Your responsibilities in this role
- Drive the timing for monthly billing and other cash management techniques to ensure the timely cash collection
- Analyze, apply and improve policies, procedures, controls and most methodologies
- Manage daily cash and prepare cash-flow reports, projecting cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals
- Present executive committee and partners with monthly financial reports
- Work closely with executive team and partners to ensure efficient and successful firm-wide operation
- Responsible for month-end and year-end close of income statement and balance sheet, account reconciliations & G/L analysis
- Research, plan and implement Finance Department initiatives including software and systems implementation and other departmental or firm-wide improvements, as needed
- Guide all operations of the finance department, including accounts payable, billings & collections, and payroll
- Ensure client satisfaction by reviewing deliverables of self and team
- Complete tasks beyond formal job responsibilities
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts and monitor on a monthly basis
Please contact MELISSA MICHALOVIC at Phone number blocked - click to apply
or email your updated information to Email blocked - click to apply
for immediate consideration.
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance
- CPA is a requirement for this position.
- MBA is highly preferred
- Outstanding technology, analytics and management experience required
- Ability and willingness to meet business critical deadlines
- Previous experience in public company required
- Experience in a "big4" firm preferred.
- High attention to detail
- Takes action on items beyond formal job responsibilities
- 7+ years of progressive accounting experience, including as a Controller preferred
- Able to build and deliver effective presentations to audiences with wide-ranging backgrounds
- Experience working in a dynamic and changing company environment a plus
- US GAAP experience
- Strong familiarity with financial reporting
- Budget forecasting experience required
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Proven analytical skills - defining problems, collecting relevant data, drawing valid conclusions, and recommending improvement/corrective actions
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.