Westlake Financial Services, headquartered in Los Angeles, CA, is the largest privately-held automotive lender in the United States. Founded in 1978, we remain a fast-growing organization, actively lending in all 50 states. Westlake partners with paradigm-breaking automotive retail companies as well traditional dealership groups and other lenders. Westlake helps move the automotive business forward through technology, a willingness to be the first to market with new ideas, and a firm foundation in traditional automotive finance.
The Corporate Development Analyst is a data-driven role, responsible for the reporting and analytics that drive the success of these partnerships. The analyst will support the Corporate Development Manager, as well as the Strategic Accounts team. He or she will also have the opportunity to manage some of our most important partnerships, from the idea stage through integration and sustainment. The ability to understand external business models, locate key decision makers, and support strategic decisions are keys to success in this role.
Strong business analysis experience, comfort with SQL, and excel model-building are requirements. Experience with a major automotive lender, OEM, or consumer finance technology company are all excellent background. Communicating data-driven insights to support executive management decisions is critical. Strong public speaking, verbal and written communication skills are very important.
- Develop and monitor internal reports.
- Prepare and present analysis to senior executives.
- Automate and streamline existing processes to improve Westlake’s internal efficiency.
- Manage projects, meetings and calls with partners and potential partners.
- Complete other related duties as assigned, and support the Company’s strategic initiatives.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 2-5 year(s) analytical experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, finance, economics, computer science, engineering, or related field.
- Intermediate skills in Excel (Pivots, look-ups, formatting, some exposure to VBA)
- Solid understanding of SQL or similar database language is important.
- Must be detail oriented, self-motivated, team player.
- Adaptable to change, enjoys fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate quantitative analysis and conclusions.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Advanced SQL including complex queries involving multiple tables.
- Advanced skills in Excel (VBA, macros, embedded queries)
- Experience in auto finance or consumer credit.
FULL TIME BENEFITS
- Health Benefits (Medical, Dental and Vision)
- Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account
- 401K and Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP) matching
- Wellness Program, Team Exercises and Fresh Fruit
- Metro Tap Card and Metro-link Reimbursement
- Westlake University Certification Programs
- Discounts on Parks, Museums, Movie Tickets and Attractions
- Wireless, Computer and Satellite Discounts
- Onsite DMV
- Employee Loan Assistance Westlake Bike Share (Free Bikes onsite)
- HGym, Onsite Yoga and Discount Gym Membership Discounts
- Annual Flu Shots and Biometric Screenings
- Paid Time Off and Paid Sick days
- Paid Holidays
- Rental Car Discounts, Dell Member Purchase Program
Attention To Detail