Pegasus Aviation Services, LLC, an Akima Company, is headquartered at Anchorage Int’l Airport in Alaska, the preeminent International Cargo crossroad for Transpacific Freighter activity. Pegasus serves the global aviation industry Domestic and International Passenger and Freighter Airlines and has an established reputation for quality aviation services. Our personnel enjoy competitive benefits packages and challenging roles in work environments committed to safety, diversity and opportunity for career growth. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), 100% of our company’s profits go back to our 14,300 Iñupiat shareholders that have resided near and above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years. Our business helps support their way of life and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived in a challenging environment.
Aircraft Maintenance Technicians (AMT) are responsible for performing high quality routine and non-routine maintenance for various types of aircraft. AMT’s must be licensed and certified with preference given for experience on any Transport Category Aircraft; B-777, B-787, B-737, B-747-400, B-767 and/or Airbus 319/320/321 aircraft experience and qualifications.
The AMT position is a technical services position whose work routine varies while following strict safety and set procedures. It generally functions under supervisory direction or guidance of the Maintenance Duty Manager.
- Various line maintenance related services of Transport Category aircraft
- Inspect and perform or supervise transit aircraft activity, non-routine and routine line maintenance activities
- Inspect, service, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair aircraft airframes and engines
- Accomplish removal and replacement of defective parts to include final operational checks
- Accomplish aircraft system testing and troubleshooting procedures
- Operate all power tools and equipment necessary to accomplish job assignment
- Complete all required maintenance records in an accurate and timely manner
- Interpret technical manuals, engineering drawings, blueprints and schematics
- Operate all related ground handling equipment utilized to service the aircraft
- Present a clean and neat work area to our customers
- Support all company policies and safety programs to include AS9100, OSHA and EPA guidelines
- Performing tasks in a fast paced environment
- Professional appearance and attitude
- Candidate must be reliable and dependable
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor and Manager
- Attention to detail and excellent customer service absolutely essential for success
- To be considered for this position you must possess a valid FAA Aircraft Maintenance Technician license with an Airframe and/or Power plant rating
- Preference given for providing training records for one or more of the following: ATA 104 Level 3 or comparable higher level training on Boeing 777, B- 787, B-737 or 747-400 aircraft, ATA 104 Level 2 or comparable higher level training on Boeing 767 or Airbus A319/320/321 aircraft
- Positions available for technicians of various experience and skill levels
- Must be able to work independently, or as part of a team, with little or no supervision
- Must be willing to work long hours in inclement weather as necessary, while adhering to strict regulatory specifications and guidance
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Must be willing to work in inclement weather
- Good communication skills
- Must be a U.S. citizen or show proof of right to work in the U.S.
- High School graduate or GED
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift 60 pounds comfortably
- Able to fluently read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to work under stressful situations and tight time constraints
- Self-motivated, team player
- Required to work nights, weekends, holidays, and varying schedules
- Successfully complete a background investigation, including FBI fingerprints, criminal history and pre-employment drug test
- Candidate will need to provide a work history showing the use of their Airframe and/or Power plant privileges for at least 6 months, within the last 24 months, or be prepared to comply with FAR 65.83
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Write routine reports and correspondence
- Speak effectively one-to-one and before groups of customers or employees of the organization
- Communicate with customers within and outside of the United States. These customers include many for whom English is their second language. Applicant must be patient and tolerant of differing cultural values and lingual challenges
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram form
- Deal with problems involving many concrete variables in standardized situations
- Must be able to lift, carry, move, push, pull and install 30-50 lb components unassisted, have 20/20 corrected vision, good hearing, and be willing to wear all required safety equipment. (Personal Protective Equipment – PPE) Regularly required to use hands, talk, hear, bend, stoop, kneel, and is frequently required to stand, walk
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus
- The AMT is usually working outside and is exposed to all types of weather conditions with a seasonal range of temperatures which include rain, snow, wind and extreme temperatures
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can vary dramatically depending on location and activity. Occasionally high noise levels exist where hearing protection is required and provided
- Fair Labor Standards Act Status: Nonexempt or hourly
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description generally cover the nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. This is not intended to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Subject to the terms of an applicable collective bargaining agreement, the company management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as may be necessary. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Aircraft Maintenance Technician ( Full Time) or
. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance to apply to an open position using our website.
Please do not use the dedicated email or phone number above to inquire on the status of your job application.
In order for our company to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance with the online application.
Transportation, Logistics & Cargo HandlersSchedule: Closing Date(Period for Applying) - External:
Practical And Pragmatic
Attention To Detail
Fair Labor Standards Act
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)