You're looking for something bigger for your career. How about inventing the future of health care? Optum is offering an innovative new standard for care management. We're going beyond counseling services and verified referrals to behavioral health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Our growth is fueling the need for highly qualified professionals to join our elite team. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you'll have the opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale. Join us. Take this opportunity to start doing your life's best work. (sm)
As a Field Based Behavioral Health Case Manager, you’ll wear many hats, and work in a variety of environments. Sometimes, you’ll interact with members leaving the hospital - possibly with new medications or diagnoses. Or perhaps you’ll perform home visits, assisting members with safe, effective transitions from care environments to where they live. You may also act as an intermediary between providers and members - serving in numerous roles, such as educator, evaluator, service coordinator, community resource researcher and more. The result? Fewer hospitalizations, ER visits and costly service gaps; and a less stressed, more effective health care system for us all.
This is a field based position with a home based (telecommuting) office. If you are located in Medina County, Summit County OH or surronded counties, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Visit Medicaid members in their homes and/or other settings, including community centers, hospitals or providers’ offices
- Provide a complete continuum of quality care through close communication with members via in-person or on-phone interaction
- Support members with condition education, medication reviews and connections to resources such as Home Health Aides or Meals on Wheels
- Assist members with the transition from a care facility back to their home
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Master's degree behavioral health or Bachelor's Degree Nursing (BSN) or an Associate's Degree in Nursing with eight years of behavioral health experience a Doctorate - degreed Psychologist
- An active, unrestricted State of Ohio professional license in one of the following:
- Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor
- Independent Marriage & Family Therapist
- Licensed Independent Social Worker
- Licensed Independent Chemical Dependency Counselor
- Licensed Psychologist
- Registered Nurse with 8+ years of recent focus in Behavioral Health
- Experience in any of the following clinical settings:
- Private practice
- Inpatient hospital setting
- Outpatient clinic
- Crisis center
- Managed care
- Residential facility
- Psychological diagnosis (DSM IV, UCD-9, etc.)
- Utilization review
- Care management
- 3+ years of experience in a related mental health environment
- 1+years of experience working with Medicaid population
- 1+ years Community Mental Health experience
- Proficient computer skills and good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Dedicated space for home office set up with access to high speed internet services
- Must reside in Ohio
- Must be able to travel throughout Medina County, OH and surrounding areas
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Medical/Behavioral setting experience (i.e. hospital, managed care organization, or joint medical/behavioral outpatient practice)
- Dual diagnosis experience with mental health and substance abuse
- Experience working in an environment that required coordination of benefits and utilization of multiple groups and resources for patients
- Experience working with low-income populations
- Experience working with either Medicaid or Medicare funded programs
- Clinical training experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: social worker, case manager, care coordination, medical social work, psychology, medicaid, medicare, telecommute, work from home, Medina County, Summit, County, Ohio, OH, LPCC, IMFT, LISW, LICDC, BSN, RN, Registered Nurse