Job Title:Industrial Engineering Technologist
CSC is in the process of digitizing its laundry and air business across its entire footprint in the US. CSC is the market leading provider of outsourced laundry solutions to multi-family housing clients and consumers as well as students at schools and universities and guests at hotels and hospitality locations. CSC is also the market leader in air and vacuum services at ~70,000 US convenience stores and gas stations. CSC’s digital transformation involves the movement of clients (~80,000) and machines (~1.4M) as well as consumers (~20-40M).
As CSC develops its vision and new operating model for “Branch of the Future”, the Industrial Engineering Technologist will play a key role in initially undertaking and refining this new data-driven operating role, and subsequently helping replicate the new operating model across other Branches within the company.
As a CSC Industrial Engineering Technologist, you’ll be an important part of what works
Working with Branch Operations Leadership your days will include:
What it means to Be Part of What Works
- Assisting in migrating existing CSC Branch activities in machine installation, service, collections, performance monitoring to digital, data-driven processes
- Using real-time data for actionable management and monitoring of branch-level operations
- Bringing a digital innovation focus and perspective to identify new opportunities for optimizing Branch operations. Determine how best to use the work force to achieve maximum productivity.
- Provides ongoing recommendations for productivity improvement.
- Working with Branch operating leadership to understand how to best apply the new suite of modern tools to their daily work flows.
- Seeking opportunities to bring new technologies and processes (from other industries and domains) to apply to CSC’s transformation
- Defining and guiding the development and implementation of new analytics, digital tools (Dashboards, etc.) and processes to improve Branch operations
- Providing leadership in converting other branches using the newly developed digital operating “template”
- Developing and providing hands-on training and coaching of operating personnel within new Branches.
- Serving as a Company-wide evangelist for advancing the new digital operating, including developing and executing initiatives to drive digital, data-driven operational skills and behaviors across the company. Effect Change through people.
How we do things at CSC is just as important as what we do. Our values empower every team member to provide the highest level of service to our customers and live their full potential. Our core values are a part of what differentiates us as Best in Class.
In this role, you’ll need:
- Safety Awareness
- Customer Focus
- Integrity, Trust, & Respect
- Drives Engagement
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Follows Through on Commitments
The CSC ServiceWorks Story
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering; 10+ years in industrial operations
- Hands on experience applying Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Six Sigma preferred
- Experience with digital transformation of an industrial/services company
- Experience in using digital data to drive operational efficiency
- Experience and knowledge of process improvement/re-engineering, with strong vision,perspective on driving worker productivity.
- Experience working with executive leadership to define improvement strategies into
- data-influenced daily management
- Experience with IIOT (preferred)
- Fluent with new and emerging data technologies, platforms and tools
- Experience with data analytics, dashboards and acting on those results
- Excellent communication and team building skills
At CSC, we’re in the business of making things work, for our team members, our clients, and our consumers. We’re the leading provider of commercial laundry services and air-vending solutions throughout the United States, Canada, and Europe. Our Best in Class team of 3,000 dedicated professionals benefit from work that’s steady (but never boring), time to enjoy what matters, appreciation and rewards in return for hard work and accountability, and support in growing a fulfilling career. Our work takes us to apartment, condominium, education, hotel and hospitality, and convenience and gas environments around the world. CSC is built on a company legacy that goes back to 1927, and today, we make life easier for over 40 million residents and consumers, property managers, and owners every day.
Product Quality Control
Product Quality Assurance