Job title: Payroll Lead
Duration: 1 year
Hours: M-F 8a - 4:30pm (OT possible)
Work address:Hopkins, MN 55343
The key responsibility of this position is to provide leadership and support to the payroll business as it relates to payroll and HRIS processes. This includes working in a team environment to achieve a successful payroll. This position requires the ability to take on leadership responsibilities that include participating as a key player on business and system projects, being able to work and make decisions without close supervision and solve business problems and improve work processes.
40% Process complex or high risk payroll/HRIS data transactions: Social Security Number changes, manual checks, off-cycle checks, corrections and reversals, etc. Assist with the monthly billing process.
20% Maintain payroll/HRIS system balances and controls which includes processing and balancing payroll, and auditing various control reports for data integrity and confirmation of successful processing.
15% Coordinate and manage the various file/batch processes through system update or file transfer. This includes the coordination of time card collection from over 300 remote sites, direct deposit file confirmation, mass loads, one-time earnings/deduction loads, etc. Coordinate vendor touch points (check print/distribution, direct deposit, etc).
15% Provide payroll expertise and support which includes:
- Consulting on payroll/HRIS processes.
- Analyzing and resolving problems.
- Documenting procedures and manuals.
- Training/educating staff.
- Provide leadership support and back-up.
10% Participate on business and system projects as it relates to defining business requirements, consulting, check-point approvals, and implementation.
* PeopleSoft knowledge and experience (2 yrs minimum)
* Ability to work flexible hours
* Minimum of four years HRIS/Payroll experience.
* Demonstrated proficiency working with computers and various software applications, including working knowledge of word, excel spreadsheets and the Microsoft suite.
* Demonstrated experience and ability in troubleshooting technical and procedural problems.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
* Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while assisting others in a deadline driven fast paced environment.
* Strong communication skills (presentation, written and verbal).
* Demonstrated ability to adapt to a changing/developing environment.
* Demonstrated team orientation with collaborative working style.
* Demonstrated detail orientation with high degree of accuracy.
* PeopleSoft Query experience.
* Strong organizational skills
* Project experience, preferred
* Canada payroll processing experience.
Calculate Security Tax
Access Pay Statement
Support Payroll Department
Enter Payroll Datum
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: 163684
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
ACS Group is a premier provider of IT Consulting, Engineering Consulting, Healthcare, Talent, and Workforce Management Solutions to Fortune 1000 companies globally. ACS Group conducts business through five operating brands – AIC, Analysts, ComforceHealth, MassGenics, and HireGenics – each with a specialized business focus. Our operating brands have provided targeted services and solutions for more than 50 years. ACS Group has grown to over $700 million in revenue with more than 12,000 employees and consultants worldwide. Recognitions include: #1 Largest Minority-Owned IT Consulting Company in the U.S. (2016 SIA); Inavero’s Best of Staffing® Client Diamond Award (2017). ACS Group is a certified MBE organization, and operating brand, HireGenics, is an NMSDC Corporate Plus® member. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, ACS Group has offices across the U.S., in India, and an international presence in Canada and Latin America.
View the full profile