To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Parsippany-Troy Hills, NJ
- Curtiss Wright Corporation
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Curtiss Wright • Parsippany-Troy Hills, NJ
Posted 2 months ago
The Opportunity | Principal Accountant
As Principal Accountant, you will be accountable for all segments of the general accounting function. You will manage and lead processes related to Journal entries, General Ledger, Cash, Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payable, Forecasting, Capital Spend, etc. in accordance with US GAAP and any other applicable policies, procedures and regulations. You will design and maintain operational procedures and processes that meet audit standards and improve efficiency to ensure that the system of internal and accounting controls are in place and operating effectively.
As an Accounting professional, you will always ensure integrity of data produced into systems and supports objectives of the operational group and accurate compilation, analysis and reporting of accounting data and other financial results.
- Lead & manage the month-end close process adhering to all reporting requirements and deadlines, including BS and P&L analyses and Actual vs Budget commentary
- Emphasis on Cost Accounting and Cost Tracking and Analyses
- Prepare and review journal entries and account reconciliations
- Assess, generate, and maintain required month-end accruals.
- Track, analyze, and forecast capital spend for the Global IT Organization.
- Complete Tax and SEC Annual and Quarterly reporting requirements.
- Assists with the implementation and maintenance of new accounting, timekeeping, payroll, purchasing, property, and other related procedures and controls.
- Maintain a focus on continuous improvement, identifying opportunities to increase efficiency.
- Participate in Budget Preparation, True Ups, SOX Compliance, and DCAA submissions
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance & Accounting
- 8-12 years relevant accounting experience required
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with peers, and cross-functionally within the company
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel (PivotTables, Vlookups, macros, formulas, etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Highly motivated, detail oriented, deadline driven, and ability to communicate effectively
- Knowledge and experience with payroll accounting, intercompany accounting, fixed asset accounting and/or general ledger
- Working knowledge of US GAAP
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.