One of RHL's best clients is looking for an IP attorney - who specifically specializes in trademarks and copyrights - for a potential contract-to-hire placement!
This junior to mid-level IP attorney will handle monitoring IP compliance to protect the company's brands, trademarks, and other IP. A foundational knowledge of commercial contracts - drafting, negotiating, and redlining - is also required (NDAs, MSAs, and all IP-related agreements).
Daily responsibilities include:
- Manage decision making about keeping patents active or allowing them to become abandoned with the USPTO.
- Track and monitor IP applications, inventor assignments, declarations, POA's.
- Coordinate with Outside Counsel about filing submissions / applications and office action responses.
- Maintain the IP docket and keep the General Counsel informed of key issues.
- Manage preliminary trademark knock-out searches.
- Obtain copyright registrations.
- Obtain music licenses and other copyright licenses.
- Educate various departments' employees on intellectual property matters.
- Propose and manage trademark clearance search requests with internal stakeholders
- Identify targets for copyright and trademark licenses and lead client engagement for License Agreements.
- Assist with management of License Agreement portfolio including gathering and maintaining regular data, tracking deadlines, renewal dates and terminations, and regularly making recommendations regarding termination, renewal and ongoing business relationship expansion.
To be considered, please email your resume DIRECTLY to Melanie.Kent[at]RobertHalf[dotcom] with "IP Attorney" in the subject line. Please do not apply if you do not live in Southern California, as this position will be a hybrid work schedule require occasional on-site visits.
- Licensed attorney in CA (and ideally, with the USPTO)
- Trademarks and Copyrights experience
- Commercial contracts experience
- First-rate academic credentials and references
- Prior work experience in a global organization is much preferred
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at
. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to IP Attorney
for more information.