Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every [ Link removed ]://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
The Strategic Technology Incubation team within Schneider Electric’s Chief Technology Office is responsible for researching, developing, promoting, and accelerating selected emerging technology solutions for our internal corporate and business unit clients. Services the team provides include, but are not limited to:
- Advancing the maturity of strategic technologies
- Incubating new platforms to address key customer journey pain points
- Advising executive leadership on vendor offers and technology trends
- Conducting market research and targeted technology watch
The Software Engineer is a critical role that is expected to build out the minimum viable product versions of our incubating Strategic Technology platforms. These platforms include, but are not limited to conversation user interfaces, machine learning, and enterprise knowledge graphs.
The ideal candidate is a hands-on platform builder with some experience in developing scalable data platforms. They must have firsthand technical expertise in a variety of configuration management and big data technologies and the proven ability to design, build, and test robust scalable solutions that can manage large data sets. They must be at ease working in an agile environment.
This person should embody a passion for continuous improvement and behavior/test-driven development.
There will be no direct reports associated with this position.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, architect, and build new IT Enterprise platforms to enable innovative business solutions
- Creation of software prototypes and minimum viable products
- Become subject matter expert on strategic technology trends
- Suggest, collect and synthesize requirements and create effective feature roadmap
- Collaborate closely with customer representatives, data engineers, data scientists, and other software engineers.
- Continuous learning on technology developments and trends
- Educate stakeholders on technology developments and trends
- Build communities of practice around new platforms being incubated.
This job might be for you if:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent related degree.
- Technical programming experience (i.e. C, C++, Python, Java, etc.).
- Experience with configuration management technologies (e.g. Git)
- Curiosity about emerging technologies and willingness to experiment.
- Interested in building scalable platforms that enable new technology and business capabilities.
- Experience with Agile development.
- Experience with development and integration of REST API's.
- Ability to clearly communicate design ideas to rest of the team and executives.
- Passionate about bringing new and emerging technologies to mainstream for your customers.
- Team player willing to step up and help out the team.
- Outstanding leadership with a customer service oriented mindset.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously, multi-task, work under pressure, and deliver results.
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Experience & understanding of the complexity of working in an global project team.
- Ability to identify issues/risk, analyze and understand underlying causes and devise appropriate action plans.
- Exercises good judgment regarding when and how to escalate issues.
- Experience with infrastructure automation technologies like Docker, Vagrant, etc.
- Experience with build automation technologies like Maven, Jenkins, etc.
- Test software development methodology in an Agile environment.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: [ Link removed ]
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning Agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
C++ (Programming Language)
Java (Programming Language)
C (Programming Language)