Responsible for positive guest interactions while accurately preparing and responsibility serving beverages to guests and servers in a friendly and efficient manner. Follows standard recipes, mixes ingredients and prepares cocktails and other drinks. Offers and serves food items to guests, collects payment for drinks served and maintains bar area clean, sanitary and organized.
- Promptly greets guests, takes beverage orders from the restaurant servers or directly from guests
- Promptly prepares beverage orders for servers according to server tickets
- Mixes alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, cocktails and other beverages as requested and in compliance with company standards and recipes
- Checks identification of guests to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol. Promptly notifies management of underage drinking guests who are obviously intoxicated
- Rings up all drink and food orders in the POS system, collects payment for drinks and/or food served, balances all receipts and follows proper cash handling procedures.
- Ensures bar area is fully equipped with tools and products needed for mixing beverages and serving guests. Promptly reports any defective product or equipment
- Offers and serves food items to guests seated at the bar when appropriate or as requested
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of food and beverage products, menus and promotions
- Responsible for routine cleaning, set up and breakdown of bar. This includes all preparation required to run bar efficiently and smoothly
- Washes and sterilizes glassware and keeps bottles, glassware and beverage products arranged to make an attractive display
- Completes daily/weekly cleaning and side work requirements
- Performs other duties as assigned by a supervisor
- Minimum 1 year experience in bartending preferred
- Previous experience with Japanese cuisine, particularly sushi and sake preferred
- Basic understanding of wine, spirits and sake required
- Must be certified in Responsible Alcohol Service by applicable agency
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must have a High School diploma or GED. College course work and/or degree highly desirable
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
Operate Cash Register
Cash Handling Experience
Serve Alcoholic Beverage
Create Friendly Atmosphere
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 2019-15252
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
RA Sushi is a fast-paced, high-energy restaurant concept, based in Scottsdale, AZ. Acquired in 2002 by Benihana Inc., RA Sushi has grown to 27 locations nation-wide, making it the largest sushi brand in the country! While most of our guests come to enjoy the best the ocean has to offer, others simply enjoy a night in the RA! With a happy hour that put us on the map, and a laid back guest experience, we fancy ourselves as MORE than just a restaurant. Lending itself to the experience are rich, clean and inviting design elements, that can only be described as sexy.
View the full profile
All of that, capped off with a staff who TRULY enjoys their job, makes for something truly unique.