Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. GHD
is looking for an experienced Sr. Structural Engineer
to join our Maritime and Coastal (M&C)
practice and can be located anywhere on the West Coast
. As a Senior Structural Engineer, you will primarily provide technical leadership and overview on several waterfront projects in California, Oregon, Washington and the Pacific (West Region). This is a rewarding opportunity to demonstrate your local knowledge, be involved in challenging projects, provide technical solutions and mentor junior engineers.
Skills, Competencies, Qualifications:
- Technical Lead on Maritime and Coastal (M&C) projects including Piers, Wharves, Mooring Dolphins, Seawalls etc
- Coordinate and work with cross-discipline teams on other market sector projects
- Act in an advisory and leadership role to provide marine structural service to other regions (including internationally) and other M&C staff
- Mentor junior staff
- Coordinate with CAD team to complete project deliverables
- Provide technical QA/QC on multiple projects
- Assist with all technical aspects – scope, schedule, and budget on proposals for M&C or other market sectors
- Stay current with technical qualifications and licenses
- Manage existing and new client relationships
- Involve yourself in local committees, action groups and special interest organizations, with a view towards furthering your own skills and brand recognition for GHD
- Stay current and informed on M&C market trends, client spending, assets, resiliency and logistics
- Work within GHD’s four Core Values: Safety, Teamwork, Trust, and Integrity
- Bachelor of Science degree with an emphasis in Civil or Structural Engineering
- 15+ years of previous experience with Maritime and Coastal waterfront projects, 5+ years in a Senior Technical role
- Must have PE in California. SE (California) preferred
- Knowledge of engineering design and analysis tools such as SAP2000, LPILE, XTRACT. Experience in the Microsoft office suite, MATLAB and AutoCAD
- In depth knowledge of engineering codes and guidelines such as ASCE 7, ASCE 41, ASCE 61, ACI 318, AISC 360 etc.
- Ability to lead structural condition assessment and field investigation both on land and above water
- Must have strong communication skills, both oral and written, including report writing
- Travel as needed- up to 10% of the year for field investigation
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanization are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognize achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ‘One GHD’ across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
Engineering Design Process