Job Title: Electrical Distribution Designer
Contract position: -/ 6 months approx.
Candidates must live or be nearby Fremont, MI
* Candidates must be able to pass background check and drug screen*
Job Description/Responsibilities: Primarily responsible for electric distribution system design for the Low Voltage Distribution (LVD) Engineering, the LVD Engineering Technician will design projects as approved through the LVD Planning department, and as required for new business approved through the Customer Energy Management department. LVD Planning includes distribution circuit System Owners, and CEM includes customer Project Coordinators. These are the two main internal clients of the LVD Engineering and Design department. Designs flow to Scheduling (and then to Field Construction) for execution in partnership with LVD Planning and CEM.
Key Responsibilities in this area include:
* Design electric distribution systems for customer relocation, capacity projects, failures or reliability improvement projects
* Design various new business projects, including line extensions (primary, secondary) and services of various degrees of difficulty, and customer types (residential, commercial, industrial, developments)
* Design in a CAD system * Identify other pole attachments
* Negotiate with customers and obtaining easements (or work with the Right of Way department) * Work with government entities for permits (or work with the Permitting department)
* Track projects in spreadsheets and/or databases
* Create projects and/or orders and order materials in SAP
* Communicate work to internal departments (LVD Planning, Forestry, Long and Short Range Scheduling, Field/Construction, Closeout, etc.)
* Create billing invoices
* Obtaining field notes outdoors, and at times, work in remote areas on uneven terrain and/or in difficult-to-access locations
BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email Email blocked - click to apply
providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
Education: * A 2-year Associate Degree in the requisite scientific or technical field, of which, 48 credit hours must be technical in nature. 48 scientific or technical credit hours as measured on a semester basis; the 48 scientific or technical credit hours can be obtained through colleges, technical institutes, licensed apprenticeship programs, trade schools, military programs, etc.
Skills: The following skills and abilities will set you apart from others:
* Experience with electric utility
* Successfully completed electric power classes
* Electric distribution system design knowledge and experience
* Electric distribution system construction knowledge
* Experience with CAD systems
* Experience working with SAP Must have:
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Ability to work as an independent contributor with minimal supervision at the assigned physical work location
* A valid driver's license * The LVD Engineering department assists with storm and emergency restoration activities and includes both office and field assignments; employees must be willing to work additional hours as necessary to assist with storm restoration activities
* Ability to perform the above-mentioned duties in a safe manner at all times; driving to and from field (including remote) sites is required and the individual must be able to perform this function in all Michigan seasons
Computer Aided Design