To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
5201 Tennyson Parkway
Plano, TX 75024
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
MGS - Senior Staff Accountant (Continuous Improvement)
MIC Global Services • Plano, TX
Posted 1 month ago
The Senior Staff Accountant position will be part of a team responsible for driving process improvements across multiple entities of a holding company whose stock is publicly-traded. This position reports directly to an Accounting Manager. This position resides in the Shared Services entity supporting its multiple portfolio companies.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE (BUT NOT LIMITED TO)
- Assist the Accounting Manager(s) drive standard operating procedures (SOPs) and compliance across the entities.
- Support the integration, adoption and continuous improvement of standardized processes, application tools, and work flow processes.
- Assist in preparing period ending financial statements and reporting packages
- Monthly & quarterly preparation of schedules in support of financial statements for both partnership and project level reporting.
- Maintenance of fixed assets reporting and compliance; construction-in-progress (CIP) projects and appropriation requests; reconciliation of Sage fixed assets to Great Plains
- General ledger reconciliations; analyze general ledger transactions for clarity and accuracy.
- Work with other functional areas (e.g., tax and procurement); outside service providers
- Assist internal and external audit and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
- Monthly additions, depreciation, disposal, etc. reports from Sage Fixed Assets for audit, including reconciliation to GL.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Proven success at improving processes and standardization across multiple financial statement areas
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Strong analytical and accounting skills.
- Intermediate experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook or similar programs.
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a team environment
- Ability to work closely with others with a positive attitude and a willingness to help others.
- Represent MIC Global Services in a professional and positive manner.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
- Ability to interact with third parties and employees in a professional and courteous manner.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Intermediate knowledge of major accounting software packages for both general ledger accounting. Great Plains preferred.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
- The individual will be expected to work with minimal up-front guidance and take ownership of his / her work product.
- Document policies, procedures and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Contribute to department and organization special projects as assigned.
- Assist with internal and external audits.
- Assist with financial system set-up and testing as required
- Assist with financial reporting and general ledger reconciliations.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are requires of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.Qualifications
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or a Bachelor’s degree in business with emphasis in accounting; Degree(s) must be from a credible college or university
- At least four years’ of progressively responsible experience in an accounting department
- CPA or CPA-candidate
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Excel required
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Able to multi-task
- Effective in General Ledger software, (Great Plains preferred), and office software (reports program, Word, Outlook, Internet, etc.).
- Ability to learn and adapt in a growing and changing environment
- Computer, copy machine, fax and telephone skills.
We are proud to be an EEO/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled employer
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance testing
Qualified applications with criminal history will be considered for employment