Our DT client is seeking a project accountant for their very busy accounting department.
Accountant II is responsible for general ledger maintenance, bank reconciliations, reconciles general ledger accounts, assisting with internal and external audits and producing financial reports for programs. The Accountant II works closely with Accounts Payable, Grant Accounting, and the Assistant Controller to reconcile financial statement accounts, process receipts, prepare and post journal entries, and assist in month and year-end close in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Prepares journal entries; performs bank reconciliations, cash, inter-fund transfers and reconciles general ledger accounts.
- Establishes regular procedures and performs scheduled analysis of general ledger balance sheets such as cash and clearing accounts, liability accounts, and inventory accounts.
• Perform the processing of functional and benefits expense allocations, monthly accruals, amortization of prepaid expenses, fixed assets depreciation and recording of adjusting and reclassification journal entries, if necessary.
- Manage the processing of cash receipts, recording of revenue related restrictions as well as receivable. Work closely with the Development Team to ensure that revenues and receivables in Financial Edge are reconciled with Raiser's Edge data at any given time.
- Assist month End closings and prepare audit schedules.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field
- One (1) year of experience in bank and account reconciliations and general ledger maintenance
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Knowledge and experience with computerized general ledger systems, spreadsheet design, database management and reporting.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Detailed-oriented and proven results in accuracy.
- Advanced Excel Skills (Pivot Tables, V-Lookups etc.).
Interested candidates, please forward your resume to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Accountant.
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable