To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- McLean, VA
- US Autopost
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Director, Hotel Openings
Hilton Corporate • McLean, VA
Posted 2 months ago
Our Operations function oversees the day-to-day functions of our managed hotel portfolio, ensuring that our guests receive an exceptional hospitality experience and that we remain a leader in the hospitality industry.
What will I be doing?
The Senior Director, Hotel Openings is responsible for the coordination of all pre-opening departmental tasks of the opening critical path. You will provide guidance and support for all new hotel development, acquisitions, and existing hotel renovation projects in the U.S. prior to the arrival of a designated General Manager.
You will liaise with Architecture, Design & Construction, Brands and all other disciplines as required regarding project management and clearly communicate with hotel ownership to establish Hilton requirements. This position will support new builds, acquisitions, and renovation projects. The goal is to consistently have hotels operate post-opening/acquisition, with the least amount of issues that will affect productivity, guest comfort, Team Member environment and bottom line.
- Provide leadership oversight on special projects, transitions, and new property openings. Develop critical path and resources to support hotel openings.
- Work with Executive leaders, cross-functional and global teams to provide project leadership, business judgement, and analytical insight that will support guest experience and product enhancement initiatives globally.
- Travel throughout the United States as needed to participate in kick off meetings, project review meetings, and project monitoring with Hilton Team Members, owners and consultants as necessary.
- Ensure that operating plans and budgets for each property are completed on a timely basis and each Executive Team is successfully implementing such plans for maximum performance and organizational excellence in operations and customer service.
- Collaborate with the Architecture and Construction regional team and represent Hilton in the region. Execute pre-opening process feasibility analysis for new construction and conversion projects to help resolve potential alignment with Hilton's brands, identify operations deficiencies, and provide solutions for improvement.
- Promote and lead a positive business relationship between Hilton disciplines and owners, consultants and suppliers. Provide clear information and educate owners, asset managers, project managers, architecture and interior design and other consultants.
- Understand operations to the extent of getting departmental operations processes right in terms of equipment layout, etc.
- Prepare and deliver reports and presentations to Hilton management, owners and other partners.
- Determine staffing needs and support in the recruiting, selecting, hiring, training and developing of departmental Team Members as needed. Ensure appropriate talent is identified in compliance with operations manning guidelines.
- Translate organizational goals and objectives into performance standards for division, department and individual positions.
- Ensure business plan and goals are being followed and achieved, providing feedback or revising the plan, if needed.
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Strong organizational, leadership, and presentation skills
- Ability to direct collaborative efforts of other resources throughout the organization, possibly including internal resources, external resources and other constituent groups as appropriate with aim of furthering Company goals
- Leader with vision who partners closely with the lines of business and geographies to understand and provide input and insight into operations, marketing, business strategy and product development
- Effective ability to articulate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent interpersonal skills that build trust and instill confidence in order to motivate, influence others and mitigate conflict
- Ability to take initiative to identify, prioritize and implement all elements required for the team to fulfill responsibilities in accordance with core strategic goals
- Problem solving skills to solve problems effectively and creatively while maintaining a high level of flexibility, professionalism and integrity. This includes demonstrating an aptitude for effectively addressing any issue collaboratively with others.
- Leadership and influencing skills that lend to building positive relationships, and collaborating with internal and external partners
- Ability to assimilate new concepts and practices into position and the department and provide effective training to subordinates for on-the-job training, policies and procedures, departmental training topics and professional development.
- Budget development and management skills, including the ability to track expenses against commitments, set priorities for funding, and develop annual budgets.
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Ten (10) years of experience in hospitality operations roles
- Four (4) years of management experience
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs (Excel, Powerpoint, Word)
- Ability to travel
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- Five (5) years of project management experience
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!