Clinical Laboratory Technicians - are you ready to give your career a boost by bringing your talents and expertise to some of the nation's top companies? Let Medix partner with you to give you the edge you need! Since 2001, we have made it our mission to be the leading provider of workforce solutions for clients and candidates across the Healthcare, Scientific, and Information Technology industries.
Our dedicated recruiters are here to help you to find and secure just the right opportunity. We take the time to learn about you, your skills, your interests, and your career goals, and then match you with the jobs and companies that best suit your needs. Whether you are looking for contract, contract-to-hire, or direct hire positions, we can help you to find the meaningful and gratifying work that you've been looking for. Let Medix be your partner as you move your career forward. Contact us today!
"Medix cares about its employees to the point where they're treated like family. They provide the necessary tools to help with your job search and provide continuous contact to ensure your placement is going well. You're more than just an employee - you're also a team member, and I couldn't be happier!"
~ Jasmine, Medix Talent Clinical Laboratory Technician Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Independently performs moderate and complex clinical tests adhering to established procedures. Exhibits skills and proficiency in applying technical principles.
- Determine the acceptability of specimens for testing according to established criteria in testing procedures. Accessions and processes biological specimens according to established SOPs.
- Independently uses various types of lab instrumentation and computer systems. Responsible for performing preventative maintenance and/or calibration of laboratory equipment and properly documenting actions taken based on an approved schedule.
- Be able to troubleshoot problems that are identified and take the steps to evaluate testing failures and other problems, if necessary. Reports any shifts or trends to a Clinical Laboratory Lead Technologist or Supervisor/Manager.
- Performs Q/C and calibrations with the appropriate frequency and evaluates results, to decide whether tests should be reported. Reports any shifts or trends to a Clinical Laboratory Lead Technologist or Supervisor/Manager.
- Evaluates the results of instrument performance checks. Performs linearity, accuracy and precision checks as required.
- Accurately records and performs proficiency testing.
- May be required to perform Clinical Laboratory Technologist II level duties for a limited period of time, in order to establish competency prior to promotion, as well as fill in for departmental absences.
- Evaluates the acceptability of routine analysis prior to releasing patient reports. In response to unusual or unexpected results, takes appropriate action and documents action taken.
- Follows established company and department policies and procedures. Follows the guidelines for safety, environmental, and infection control.
- Bachelor's degree in life/biological sciences required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
- Fluent in English, oral and written communication.
- Molecular experience preferred.
- Multi-tasker with attention to details.