To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Cincinnati, OH 45202
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Kforce Finance and Accounting • Cincinnati, OH
Posted 24 days ago
RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client seeking a Payroll Specialist in Cincinnati, Ohio (OH). Summary: Under direct supervision, the Payroll Specialist is responsible for full-cycle payroll processing for employees across multi-state locations, timely distribution and reviewing accurate calculation of payroll checks, taxes and other withholdings. This role ensures quality service for payroll, which includes, working with all functional areas of the company to obtain information for payroll production, as well as responding to and resolving employee questions and problems, while demonstrating quality customer service. Responsibilities:
- Accurate and timely processing of the weekly and biweekly hourly and semi-monthly salary payroll
- Prepare and balance payroll runs per compliance requirements
- Perform audits using the reporting tools available and in accordance with guidelines set forth by department
- Work with local managers to resolve payroll issues
- Process payrolls for various scheduled pay dates; Detailed reconciliation and balancing
- Collect and summarize various forms of pay information
- Respond to court orders, interrogatories, and act as a liaison between law offices/courts
- Audit payroll data entered by other team members using reporting tools; Investigate questionable data and takes corrective action as necessary
- Enter and audit payroll adjustments, manual checks, and refunds as well as maintaining logs and spreadsheets to reconcile data and audit entries
- Additional special projects and duties as assigned; Handle daily banking submissions, reporting payroll data on various logs
- Respond timely to verifications, unemployment audits and special requests
- Cross train and learn all activities in order to effectively support the department in the absence of the department manager or other payroll specialists
- 2 years of payroll experience and/or equivalent business experience
- Experience with full-cycle in-house payroll processing is required; Union payroll experience is desired
- Ability to adapt and embrace change in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to develop strong cross functional relationships
- Accounting or office experience a plus
- Good oral and written communication skills required
- Advanced Office Skills
- Good customer service skills