To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Marshall, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Logistics Technician, Lead Logistics US
DSV • Marshall, TX
Posted 2 months ago
DSV - Global transport and logistics
In 1976, ten independent hauliers joined forces and founded DSV in Denmark. Since then, DSV has evolved to become the world's 5th largest supplier of global solutions within transport and logistics. Today, we add value to our customers' entire supply chain by transporting, storing, packaging, re-packaging, processing and clearing all types of goods. We work every day from our many offices in more than 80 countries to ensure a steady supply of goods to production lines, outlets, stores and consumers all over the world. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close to our customers. Read more at www.dsv.com
Location: Marshall, TX
Job Posting Title: Logistics Technician, 4PL US (Entry Level)
The DSV Logistics Technician is responsible for coordinating and managing service requests from customers with the goal of meeting and exceeding customer expectations while obtaining key factor goals. The ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment is critical. Execution of duties will require a team-oriented individual that is customer service focused, and able to obtain a strong knowledge of systems and vendor capabilities. This individual will be an integral part of the coordination of transportation and operations of their assigned accounts(s).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works closely with team members to meet or exceed all customer service requirements.
- Develops and maintains positive customer relationships.
- Communicates effectively with customers, partner vendors and team members.
- Ensures the attainment of applicable key factors.
- Responsible for accurate data capture and system entry.
- Supports team members to ensure superior customer service.
- Provides remote and on-site support to teams located in the customer service department and at customer locations.
- Utilizes the quality process to resolve customer service and vendor issues.
- Assists with new account start-ups.
- Assists with the development and testing of new product offerings.
- Proactively anticipates and resolves potential customer service partner vendor and internal team issues.
- Performs other duties as needed
- Project work as required.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
- 2 years’ experience in a logistics, customer service or related field.
- High School Diploma or GED
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Proficient typing and PC skills (Word/Excel)
- Able to speak and write fluently in English
- General mathematics skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication with the ability to adapt to and work within a team environment.
- Superior attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize work in a multi-tasked, fast-paced environment.
- Able to work flexible hours when required.
- Willing to make and meet commitments.
- College degree in Logistics or Supply Chain management.
- 2 years’ of industry experience.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision. Travel may be required by automobile, airplane, train, etc. <5%.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DSV is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with DSV, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. DSV reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.