To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Los Gatos California, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Production Chemist - bulk formulation
Apex Systems • Los Gatos California, CA
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
**For immediate consideration, email your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Production Chemist' in the subject line.**
- Follow work instructions, accurately documents results and assist in coordinating and executing reagent manufacturing by the production schedule
- Prepares solutions for the production process such as formulating buffers and salt solutions
- Assists in performing in process testing to ensure quality products and conduct data analysis from testing results
- Comply with safety requirements, cGMP, SOP and manufacturing documentation
- Updates manufacturing documentation and SOP
- Participates in ensuring work areas are organized, properly stocked with daily supplies, maintain laboratory equipment includes scheduling repairs and preventative maintenance/calibration as necessary and report malfunctions to supervisor
- Attends required training classes, participates in on-the-job training, and ensure training records are up to date.
- Assists in the development of reagent manufacturing process and documentation
- Assists in process scale-up to transition from pilot lots to full production-scale manufacturing
- With guidance, may assist in transferring processes from development to manufacturing
- Assists in inventory management and ordering materials
- May assist in filling and sub-assembly activities
- May write test protocols and reports
- May assist in validation and stability testing program
- Duties include working within a BSL 2 laboratory
- Supports continuous improvement
- BS/MS in Biochemistry/Molecular Biology or equivalent discipline
- Bachelors Degree in science and a minimum of 2-4 years of work related experience
- 2-4 years of related hands-on experience in a reagent quality testing or reagent manufacturing laboratory; Basic GMP Knowledge
- Demonstrates ability to follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Directions for Testing (DFT) documents.
- Strong technical skills, including a working understanding of molecular biology and biochemistry
- Prefer experience with bacteria handling.
- Demonstrates analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
- Strong math skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Demonstrates attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and work under aggressive timelines
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Accurate and precise manual pipetting and measuring techniques
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. is preferred, but not required
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178