To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Bethesda, MD
- Josh Biacan
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
ECS Federal, LLC • Bethesda, MD
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
ECS is seeking a Database Administrator to work in our Bethesda, MD office.
ECS is tasked to provide daily support for the Navy Bloodborne Infection Management Center (NBIMC) that supports clinical patient management through inpatient and outpatient care in the field, at hospitals, and branch clinic locations worldwide. NBIMC operates a system called HIV Management Service (HMS) that maintains interoperability with other medical systems. HMS is a certified and accredited distributed internet application with the database and database application residing on a central, dedicated network of servers providing client/server support to selected users. Our Database Administrators duties include:
- Manage the SQL Server 2008/2012/2016 databases
- SQL Server 2008 to SQL Server 2016 migration
- Perform database general maintenance and back-ups
- Performance tuning and optimization troubleshooting and resolving database problems; integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
- Perform data loads from various sources
- Ensure HMS compatibility with legacy systems including WIN 2008/2012, .Net or current protocols
- Troubleshoot and maintain concurrent connections with internal/external sites transmitting data to and from the database components
- Responsible for data quality, identifies, manages and executes efforts to maintain data integrity
- Experience/knowledge in the use of SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Manage the manual backend processes
- SQL database archiving and backups
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Secret or higher government security clearance
- Proven experience in database migration
- MCSA: SQL Server Solutions Associate or higher certification
- CompTIA Security+ certified
- 3 to 5 years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 or higher
- 2-3 years of Experience with Database Administration for MSSQL Server 2008/2012
- 1-2 years of Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Experienced in implementing SQL backups and knowledgeable in the use of Transaction Logs.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems, detect and troubleshoot SQL Server related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other resource contention.
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO) Experience with backups, restores, recovery models, database shrink operations, DBCC commands, and Replication.
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server
- Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, statistics and integrity checks, configuration, patching.
- Experience in healthcare industry standards. Preferred, not required.
- Working knowledge of Oracle/Linux database systems. Preferred, not required.
- Knowledge approved DoD protocol (optional)
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory and proper disk configurations. Preferred, not required
- Write and troubleshoot stored procs, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, and constraints
- Good communication and documentation skills
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.