To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Sierra Vista, AZ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Cyber Threat Analyst, Int
Chenega Corporation • Sierra Vista, AZ
Posted 1 month ago
Experience - 10 years
Degree - High School
Other Great Industries
CHENEGA IT ENTERPRISE SERVICES, LLC Company Job Title: Cyber Threat Analyst, Int Clearance: TS/SCI Location: Fort Huachuca, AZ Reports To: Program Manager FLSA Status: Exempt, Full Time, Regular Summary: This Cyber Threat Analyst, Int.’s primary responsibility is providing intelligence support to cyberspace operations, including contingency operations and exercises, through research, evaluation analysis, integration, and interpretation of information from multiple intelligence and theater sources; analysis and correlation of anomalous events identified in, Security Information Event Management (SIEM) systems, Big Data Analytics, and supporting devices/applications; analyzing, correlating, and trending anomalous events and incidents to identify and characterize the threat or incident . Duties and Responsibilities:
- Construct and exploit threat intelligence to detect, respond, and defeat advanced persistent threats (APTs)
- Fully analyze network and host activity in successful and unsuccessful intrusions by advanced attackers
- Piece together intrusion campaigns, threat actors, and nation-state organizations
- Manage, share, and receive intelligence on APT adversary groups
- Generate intelligence from their own data sources and share it accordingly
- Identify, extract, and leverage intelligence from APT intrusions
- Expand upon existing intelligence to build profiles of adversary groups
- Leverage intelligence to better defend against and respond to future intrusions.
- Conduct advanced threat hunt operations using known adversary tactics, techniques and procedures as well as indicators of attack in order to detect adversaries with persistent access to the enterprise.
- Create and add custom signatures, to mitigate highly dynamic threats to the enterprise using the latest threat information obtained from multiple sources.
- Conduct initial dynamic malware analysis on samples obtained during the course of an investigation or hunt operation in order to create custom signatures
- Develop and produce reports on all activities and incidents to help maintain day to day status, develop and report on trends, and provide focus and situational awareness on all issues. Reports shall be produced on a daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis capturing and highlighting status, preparedness, and significant issues.
- Correlate data from intrusion detection and prevention systems with data from other sources such as firewall, web server, and DNS logs.
- Notify the management team of significant changes in the security threat against the government networks in a timely manner and in writing via established reporting methods.
- Coordinate with appropriate organizations within the intelligence community regarding possible security incidents. Conduct intra-office research to evaluate events as necessary, maintain the current list of coordination points of contact.
- Review assembled data with firewall administrators, engineering, system administrators and other appropriate groups to determine the risk of a given event.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma/GED and 10 years similar experience, OR Associate’s Degree and 8 years’ experience, OR Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years’ experience
- IT Level I; CSSP-Analyst; IAT III; Computing Environment Cert required
- iWATCH; AR 25-2 - IA Awareness; AT Level I; Level I OPSEC; CUI; ALMS Security; AHIMA HIPAA – Privacy and Security training required TS/SCI clearance required
- Leadership and self-direction skills are highly desired. Ability to solve complex problems utilizing creative thinking skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to critically analyze and understand the systems and communicate system requirements to the customer and leadership.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Ability to provide on-call support 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Ability to meet eligibility requirements of a government security clearance for access to classified information
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Job ID: 1900000153
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.