The Administrative Assistant performs a wide range of administrative and clerical support to assigned department. Functions involve the preparation of various reports, the analysis of reports with recommended actions, and the supervision and/or monitoring of work activities with the group, department, or office. Duties may be complex in nature and may involve access to confidential information.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports the manager by maintaining records, files, reports and other documentation required for operation.
- Creates, manages, and utilize database templates.
- Schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and department activities for all members of the department.
- Types and designs general correspondence, memos, charts, tables, graphs, business plans, etc. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar, and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Provides standard and special reports for the manager using a variety of documents and files.
- Provides feedback to management that will assist in the improvement of department performance.
- This position will have a high degree of interaction with other departments both internal and external.
- Assures all documents associated with duties are complete and accurate.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Familiarity and use of various business technologies, including Microsoft Office along with strong technical documentation skills. Must have experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
High school diploma and 5 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Associates Degree in Administrative skills or business school preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have knowledge of office administration procedures, and knowledge of use and operation of standard office equipment.
- Work requires continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisor assistance as appropriate.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent organizational skills and good communication skills.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to apply common sense in all tasks.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Low physical effort required to sit, stand at files, bend, stoop, lift, and walk.
- Maximum unassisted lift 35 lbs, average lift less than 10 lbs.
- Requires ability to use a keyboard, monitor and calculator.
- Requires the ability to communicate verbally, both in person and on the telephone.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Inside average office environment.
- Average office noise levels.
- No personal protective equipment required.
Ambient temperature between 68? and 76
Attention To Detail
Practical And Pragmatic