To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Nashville, TN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
AkzoNobel Inc • Nashville, TN
Posted 16 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
AkzoNobel Boilerplate - North America version
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
In North America, 4,500 employees work at more than 50 locations to support the Performance Coatings Areas. Consistently ranked as a leader in sustainability, we are dedicated to energizing cities and communities while creating a protected, colorful world where life is improved by what we do.
- Organizational internal communications
- Change management communications
- External communications (media relations and social media)
- Regional business partnering for Powder Coatings BU
- Public affairs and government relations
- Project management for key communication initiatives
- External news coverage (ongoing) in Nashville and other markets positioning the company as an employer of choice, a valued partner in the community and the reference in the paints and coatings industry.
- External news coverage (earned media) aligning Powder Coatings market messaging with targeted audiences.
- Embedding and advancing the cultural transformation and new ways of working for employees in the Nashville HQ and Powder coatings manufacturing facilities.
- Communications strategy and activities that lead to increased adoption/engagement of internal communication channels like Yammer.
- Development and ongoing management of community program in Nashville that delivers brand awareness and employee engagement.
- Development and execution of change management program to support key transformation workstreams impacting the North American market.
- This job will have a high-level of autonomy for developing and managing key internal communication and external initiatives. Approval is less important than collaboration.
- Request from an internal “client” requesting specific action (tactical) be taken on an issue or initiative on an immediate and urgent timetable and potentially with a lack of relevant data or key information/strategic approach.
- Establish relationship with “client” that is more forward looking and strategically addresses communication objectives and then move to tactical discussion. Connect with client on necessity for additional information and how the information/data is required for a successful campaign or one-off communication as required. Advance discussion on channel management and effectiveness of communication/content to reach objective.
- Request for support from a business colleague for tactical solutions in absence of a broader strategic approach aligned to regional or business goals.
- Partner with business colleague(s) to identify priorities, key market messaging and audience alignment to achieve clear objectives.
- Develop network of cross functional/global/regional colleagues to identify, prioritize and promote collaboration. #winningtogether
- Drive understanding of segmented key audiences client wants to reach and the channel alignment/resources of the communications function to deliver results.
- 7-10 years of previous experience in agency or corporate communications environment
- Ability to work independently and execute tasks efficiently
- Experience in change management communications
- Experience in internal corporate communications
- Experience in media relations (trade media and general media)
- Experience in public affairs and government relations
- Experience developing content and managing corporate social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and Yammer
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent oral communications skills
- Attention to detail
- Experience managing agencies, free-lancers, and third parties
- Able to manage multiple, simultaneous deadlines.
- Bachelors’ degree (Communications, PR, Integrated Marketing Communications or related field of study) or proven experience in these fields.
Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion of both pre-employment background checks and drug screening. All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US.
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer.
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer -Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans (M/F/D/V).