Department: Park Services Department
Title: Warehouse Driver
Employment Type: Temporary
Grade Level: Hourly
Pay Range: $16.00-18.00 per hour
Reports To: Park Services Director.
Schedule: Must be able to work weekends and holidays; weekday hours also available
Hours: 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM, dependent on weather and guest attendance; schedule subject to change through the spring and summer
Park Service's Warehouse Drivers are good team players and support operations of warehouse and the shipping and receiving department.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Sorting and placing materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code
• Assist shipping and receiving, unloading trucks, checking in packages and mail, matching purchase orders to sales orders and distributing throughout the NYA.
• Moving materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or to other designated areas
• Assisting in counting of physical inventory
• Organizing warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times
• Providing excellent service to guests, including maintaining general knowledge of park attractions and amenities, answering questions and finding ways to create a great guest experience, in accordance with WCS standards of guest service
• Completing other assignments and helping others on the team as requiredQualification Requirements
• Valid Driver's License Required
• Strong verbal communication skills
• Proactive and outgoing nature
• Basic math skills
• Ability to stay outdoors for long periods of time in a variety of weather conditions
• Reliability and dependability
• Ability to frequently move objectives weighing up to 50 pounds
• WCS New York Aquarium. Travel required to WCS facilities.
- Customer Service
- Interpersonal Skills